WnSoft Forums

Question

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I have noticed that I can no longer post items in the tutorial section, also all my recent tutorials on series 8 have been moved to the archive section, which for those who don't know where it is, it's in the basement of the PTE home page. What is the reason for this, is it that tutorials are only accepted from "approved" sources?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-63477400-1398332976_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-87842200-1398332993_thumb.jp

Eric,

(I moved your question from "PicturesToExe Online Help" topic to this new topic.)

Several days ago I reorganized a structure of WnSoft forum. Some sections were combined into one section. Several sections were renamed. The new section "Troubleshooting" was created.

"Frequently Asked Questions" section always was pre-moderated. Now I did same for "Tutorials & Articles" section.

I moved many old articles from these both sections to a special archive here as you can see. This work is not finished yet, and I'll continue to review existing articles.

I didn't watch your video tutorials earlier, and I reviewed them several days ago. I appreciate your time which you spent to create these tutorials, but I think that their level is not enough to be published in the new "Tutorials..." section. Sorry.

Old Tutorials section has become a big old dump where it is difficult to find useful information among the old and new articles of different levels of quality.

All new tutorials, especially video tutorials should be professionally created in all aspects. I want to control quality of new tutorials.

A problem with the new structure is to keep it up to date. Looking at Lin's list (Alphabetic Index of Articles and Tutorials) I see at least two outdated entries that include dead links:

- Zoom VS Z position

- Resizing Images for Camera Club Competitions

Regards,

jt

Guest Yachtsman1

I have noticed that I can no longer post items in the tutorial section, also all my recent tutorials on series 8 have been moved to the archive section, which for those who don't know where it is, it's in the basement of the PTE home page. What is the reason for this, is it that tutorials are only accepted from "approved" sources?

Yachtsman1.

I have just visited SSC & now the tutorial section has disappeared along with all the items I uploaded. Will they re-appear in the demo section or is SSC not going to be available to upload demos or tutorials, only from "approved" sources?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-87276500-1398698077_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

My understanding is that tutorials and utilities will no longer be available via Slideshow Club but now it will be just slideshows and shows which are demo's of various PTE features. Tutorials will be housed as they always have been here on the PTE forum.

A tutorial is not a demo show so you won't be able to upload tutorials to the demo section. Demos are essentially slidshows which are not designed as conventional shows with photos, synchronized music and the ordinary type shows as seen at photo clubs and in competitions, etc. Instead, demos are shows which demonstrate use of specific features of PTE which show innovative ways the program has been used to create and manipulate objects, animations and effects.

As always, the administrator of Slideshow Club will approve uploads and make decisions of suitability for the two specific categories housed there.

Best regards,

Lin

It's a learning process about the best way and proper place to post shows, demos, tutorials and how-to's. In the past Beechbrook only hosted slideshows and the PTE forum hosted slidshows and demos and how-to's and frequently asked questions and links to a variety of things. To streamline and take the financial stress of of Bill for maintaining the Beechbrook site for PTE shows, I think Igor thought a more or less official site would be helpful. Now that it's up and running, and links have been placed both on the PTE forum to the Slideshow Club site and conversely, there is no need for the duplication of a place for tutorials, utilities and such. Slideshows can be somewhat better organized on the SC site than they are on the PTE site because there is no associated "forum" and questions, answers, discussions, etc., and visitors would naturally expect to find help, tutorials and such on the PTE forum rather than on a slideshow and demo site. I suspect it's all a matter of getting things sorted so that they are most efficient and to minimize the amount of work for the administrator of the SC site. It can become a huge time sink taking care of sorting, arranging, moving and such and there really is no good reason to maintain more than is now there.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

I suspect it's all a matter of getting things sorted so that they are most efficient and to minimize the amount of work for the administrator of the SC site. It can become a huge time sink taking care of sorting, arranging, moving and such and there really is no good reason to maintain more than is now there.

Best regards,

Lin

Since SSC started, there have been to date only 78 shows & 11 demos uploaded of which 28 are mine, plus the 12 tutorials removed, in 103 days, so that statement is a little extravagant to say the least. It is very time consuming for the uploader, particularly with the slowish broadband speed in my area to upload to SSC. In view of what has happened, I will not be uploading anything else to SSC, shows tutorials or whatever you want to call them.

Yachtsman1.