WnSoft Forums

Soundtrack

Jacek Stary

whether the next version will be cut Soundtrack?

Hi Jacek,

Could you perhaps ask your question in your native language and also use Google Translate? It's difficult to understand exactly what it is that you want to know. It's possible with the present version to completely control the sound, but it's done differently for sound on a video.

On a video you can "mute" the sound - which means "turn the sound off entirely." It's also possible to place the video into the audio track and PicturesToExe will convert the video to an audio. By the combination of "mute" and the audio waveform, it is possible to totally control the sound on the video just as if it were an mp3.

For regular audio, you use the audio waveform or (envelope) to adjust volume, turn the sound on or off at any time during playback. This audio waveform is found by clicking on the "timeline" tab.

Please see the help instructions for audio here: http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/project-options/audio-tab

And here: http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/main-window/the_timeline

Best regards,

Lin

czy mogę pisać po Polsku?

I have one narrative. I need to cut it into 45 pieces. But now I have to do 45 separate files and insert them as separate 45 tracks! This is not good.

PTE is not a sound file editor. If you want to cut your sound file into smaller pieces before you use them in PTE then you need to use an external sound file editor such as Audacity, Adobe Audition or similar.

regards,

Peter

So I'm doing for many years.
But as in the added ability of several audio tracks, fade-In, fade-off is a good idea to give even cut.
Then I would not have to use another program to edit audio, the program would suffice only PicturesToExe
I use a narrative, where the verbal description refers to specific images, and can not be arbitrary.
My slideshow "People of the Forest" has won many medals and is in FIAP AV COLLECTION
Thank you for the explanation.

It is "possible" to do the entire narrative in PicturesToExe, but it might be more "convenient" to do it in a sound editor. For example, you can place your entire narrative into 45 separate tracks - put the entire narrative into each track - there is no "penalty" for adding the same sound track multiple times.

Then you use the waveform envelope on track one to stop or fade-out the audio when you want it to stop the first time. Next adjust the "start time" for track two to the time when you want to continue your narrative. Continue doing this by stopping each "segment of audio" via the waveform envelope on the timeline and beginning the next segment by ajdusting the "start time". The start time adjusts how far into the sound track that audio begins. The "offset" adjusts when a soundtrack actually starts playing from the beginning of time on the timeline. So you don't necessarily have to do editing in a sound editor, it may just be more convenient.

If you do it this way, I would suggest adding each track incrementally - that is don't add all 45 tracks at once. Do track one, then track two, then track three. This way you won't have multiple audio trying to run simultaneously.

Best regards,

Lin

I have one narrative. I need to cut it into 45 pieces. But now I have to do 45 separate files and insert them as separate 45 tracks! This is not good.

it seems to me that it is easier to work on two tracks, one whole - the music, the second in 45 pieces, which I can freely move.
On 45 separate paths is much more difficult, you can not go wrong

Surely it is already possible to add the same long narrative file to a track 45 times and select the appropriate portion as required?

Each portion can then be moved relative to the next and previous portions.

I think the op has a point though - we can cut video but not sound.

DG

Here is a link to the suggested way to do this without cutting your voice-over into 45 separate files.

Load the zipped PTE project file and run it. On track one is the entire background music. On tracks two and three are the same audio voice files. The "start time" has been changed to 12 seconds for track three so it begins at the proper place in the narrative. The track has been visually dragged to the proper position to begin the audio narrative where it left off at the end of slide one (this modifies the offset time). Now it continues with slide three and slide four.

This is one way to do this without cutting your voice track into separate files....

http://www.lin-evans.org/demo/voiceandmusic.zip

Best regards,

Lin

I do, not have problems, but I do in the editor of sound and not in PicturesToExe. I can not imagine regulation 45 soundtracks.

I make audiovisual presentations where the 86(and more) photos and commentary on each, then you have to rip.

Audiovisual presentation I'm doing this 35 years, my first Audiovisual presentation I did in 1975 year.

Hi Jacek,

Yes, regulating multiple sound tracks can be difficult so possibly having multiple small audio files on a single audio track would be a better method for you. Either way, it's lots of work. My own workflow is to do the entire slide show with background music setting fade-in and fade-out appropriately.

Next I use the PTE video type navigation control to stop the progression at the slide where I want to insert my first voice-over narration. I note the time for the start and stop which is indicated by the video navigation mechanism. I set the start time and offset time for my first audio track according to these figures and then I continue through each slide writing down the start time and offset times. I enter these values into the proper places in PTE and it all works out well for me that way.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you very much for your answers, for their willingness to help. I do Hourly performances and there is everything from the keyboard (each picture is clicked on) are not in synchronic. I click on the keyboard, for each additional image, and Mrs. poet reading his poems. And it is for one hour.

The screen images are displayed, poet reads and still is music in the background.

Hi Jacek,

That makes it more difficult because the voiceover needs to happen in synchronization with the display of the slide rather than in conjunction with a timeline.

To do that, the audio needs to be added as a "sound comment" (add audio or voice) for the individual slide. I'm afraid there is no way to avoid cutting it into 45 separate files. Each file would then be added as a sound "comment" for the individual appropriate slide.

Best regards,

Lin

So this should probably be an idea or suggestion. You want to divide audio file into pieces inside the PTE audio track editor.

Until then maybe you could use an external program? There are many of them.

I have not used this but it looks interesting.

http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/mp3splt_page/home.php

Tom

Hey

whether here can insert an image (screenshot)?
how to do it ?

Jacek

There are two possible ways - click on the small green square icon to the right of the "link" chain then give the url where file resides or click at the bottom right where the "More Reply Options" (to the right of Post) then choose under Attach Files (Choose File) then "Attach This File" - You will not see the actual image until you "Add Reply"

Click on small icon below to see .

post-37-0-14713000-1400231050_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Lin

Path number 1 music intercede whole.

The path number 2 also intercede entire narrative.

But the path the number 2 narrative, freely I cut to pieces and I set as suits me.

So all in all I have only two paths rather than a dozen.

see the image

Jacek

post-12436-0-67115000-1400234391_thumb.j

Hi Jacek,

That appears to be the easiest way to do it with PTE. If you place these small files as "Add Audio or Voice" and "link" them to the individual slides, then if you later move the slides, the audio portion will stay with the proper slide. Also you will be able to manually advance the slides and the audio narrative will follow properly regardless of how long you remain viewing an individual slide.

Best regards,

Lin

This thread should be in the tab Suggestions for Next Versions