WnSoft Forums

Speed Profiles

At present time, we only have speed options between two keyframes that look as shown in my first image below. First we have a period with a linear increase of speed (starting at zero), followed by a period of constant speed, and in the end we see a period of linear decrease of speed (ending at zero). I would like to see more flexible speed profiles between two keyframes, as shown in my second image.

Remark: Please do not make any proposals for workarounds. I am well aware of constructions using nested frames. I do not need any advice.

Regards,

jt

post-9813-0-59469700-1400246328_thumb.pn

post-9813-0-35015300-1400246352_thumb.pn

Yes, it'll be a nice improvement, far easier to use than nested frames !

But even with this new possibility, it'll be interesting to have the key frames already separated, as asked many times, like here :

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16808-animation/?hl=glued#entry111418

Thanks, jt

Regards,

Jean-Cyprien

Hi Tom,

Quite every time you use 3D objects you need several speeds,

In every case (2D or 3D), today, you have to start from an initial stop if you want to accelerate, and if you decelerate the movement, it is up to a final stop. (unless you use nested frames)

So the proposal is not a "fine" adjustment of the speed, but a reel necessity if you want an acceleration, not from a stop, but from a previous speed. And not a final stop after a deceleration.

Thanks for the explanation. By using framed objects you can create relative multiple speeds. It would be nice to have an easier method to adjust speed.

Tom

Not a proposal but a question. What type of slideshow might require such fine adjustment of speed?

I often work with animated collages (picture in picture constructions). There are images that move out of the screen in a controlled way, making room for new ones, or there might be images being chased by other ones So, I often would like to see a movement that accelerates to a particular speed, but which will slow down later to continue the movement at a reduced speed (or vice versa).

Regards.

jt