WnSoft Forums

Move audio files in a track as a group.

goddi

Greetings,

I would like to be able to highlight a group of audio files in their track and then move them as one group.

For example, say I have 8 audio files in a track. All have been positioned with cross-fades or spacing where needed. But, then I want to move audio files 3-8 as a group to the right or left. I'd like to be able to highlight audio files 3-8 with a 'Ctr+key+End' (for example), without the screen position moving, and then be able to move that group left or right.

Also, be able to highlight the audio files to the left of a selected audio file, with 'Ctr+key+Home'.

And to be able to select a group of audio files in the middle of the track to move as a group, left or right (Ctr+key).

It is also important that the screen stays in the original position, not moving right or left, after the group is highlighted.

Gary

Added Later:

Mur discovered that holding down the Shift key will allow movement of all the audio files as a group that are to the right side of the clicked-on audio file. However, there is still something missing. This method only allows for the movement of a group of audio files that are on the right side of the clicked-on audio file.

What if you want to move a selected group on the left side of the clicked-on audio file?

Or a selected group of audio files only in the center of the Timeline?

Almost there...but...

I would like to be able to highlight a group of audio files in their track and then move them as one group.

I agree wholeheartedly with this idea. However, I would amend the request slightly: I would like to be able to highlight a group of audio files in their track or tracks and then move them as one group.