WnSoft Forums

Igor's Comments....?

goddi

Greetings,

It seems that many 'Suggestions for Next Versions' have been made, but few get a direct response from Igor and his team. I have assumed or hoped that Igor takes note of them and perhaps they are addressed. But we really don't know. There are many suggestions that I thought were good but they seem to fall into a black hole. There is no indication that they have been read or dismissed or planned to be incorporated into PTE.

Then, today, I happened to read Igor's Pinned Readme posting. It says "I'll comment every topic (in field which located below title of a topic) with remarks: "Done: v5.10", "Scheduled for v5.10", "Declined", "Maybe in v5.20", etc." It would really be nice to get some feedback like this, but I don't see any of the suggestions that have received these types of comments from Igor.

Wouldn't it be nice to get this type of feedback?

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Gary

In some ways I agree, however if Igor said no to an idea, he would then need to say why & so on. I'm afraid that the complex innovations by the few who know the program inside out seem to have precedence over simplicity, in assuming that, is what the market wants.

I hope in the next version the pendulum starts to swing the other way by making PTE more usable by the masses & new users not having to spend months learning the program before they can produce anything like the sample shows.

Whilst I am a great fan of the on-line help, I fear it may be a double edged sword, where a potential buyer takes a look, then decides "it looks too complicated" & goes elsewhere.

I think I may have mentioned this before, however, one of the residents of our apartments has a PC & I showed her one of the sample shows to demonstrate what PTE can do & a brief explanation of how things worked. To my surprise, she just shrugged her shoulders & said I can do that with such & such program much simpler.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

Yea...I cringe when I heard "I can make a slideshow in Powerpoint...." But it would be helpful if Igor would, at a minimum, post a reply that says "Read" to postings in the Suggestions forum. Or maybe Igor should revise his Pinned Readme posting. :huh:

Gary

When a new idea is suggested, there is often a series of replies offering workarounds and I have often wondered how Igor gets through all that nonsense to the idea itself.

Shouldn't an Ideas Section be just that. One post, with no replies with workarounds or a lengthy discussion about who thinks its a good idea or bad idea. Those discussions can be had in the general section. Perhaps it would be easier for Igor to select the ideas that have merit from those that don't if they were better isolated.

Personally I don't require wnsoft to give me any feedback as I am quite happy to make a suggestion and live by what wnsoft decide. I don't feel the need to lobby him for change. I certainly don't think anything will be gained by Igor having to explain why ideas cannot or will not be implemented. Lets have a little confidence and give Igor our ideas and live with his judgement.

Gary,

I understand your point of view. I honestly tried to reply on all topics here, but it's hard to do and requires significant time.

When we plan to add a new feature, we need to think how it can be implemented? Can we write the required code for that feature? How much time it will take? How it will work together with other existing and scheduled features?

In most cases, we discuss a new possible feature many times (during several iterations) from several days up to several years.

If I'll reply on suggestions every days, I will bother our team too often when they work on other features.

I assure you, I read this section of the forum very often and read it again and again including all posts.

And finally, we are not able to implement all suggestions. Sorry. That's reality.

Greetings,

My point is that Igor said "I'll comment every topic (in field which located below title of a topic) with remarks: "Done: v5.10", "Scheduled for v5.10", "Declined", "Maybe in v5.20", etc." So it seems he had some inclination to provide some type of response. Sometimes he responds with a comment, but mostly he does not. I am not suggesting that he always provide explanations why a suggestion can not or will not be implemented. But...it would be nice to see that it was commented by them, as he stated in his posting. I think he has benefited from the users' input to make the program better, especially when we go through a Beta testing period. Getting some type of response (perhaps just 'Read'), I think, would encourage others to provide helpful suggestions.

Gary

Gary,

I understand your point of view. I honestly tried to reply on all topics here, but it's hard to do and requires significant time.

When we plan to add a new feature, we need to think how it can be implemented? Can we write the required code for that feature? How much time it will take? How it will work together with other existing and scheduled features?

In most cases, we discuss a new possible feature many times (during several iterations) from several days up to several years.

If I'll reply on suggestions every days, I will bother our team too often when they work on other features.

I assure you, I read this section of the forum very often and read it again and again including all posts.

And finally, we are not able to implement all suggestions. Sorry. That's reality.

Igor,

I really don't expect that you should implement all suggestions. My only point is that we are not sure that the suggestions have actually been read by you. I brought this up only because I just happened to read your posting that "I'll comment every topic (in field which located below title of a topic) with remarks: "Done: v5.10", "Scheduled for v5.10", "Declined", "Maybe in v5.20", etc."

Nor do I expect a detailed explanation why you would or would not implement each suggestion made. But after reading your Pinned Readme posting, I was wondering why we don't see such comments on a regular basis.

No problem. It is nice to hear that you do read the Suggestions postings. Good enough. Maybe your Readme statement should be revised. :)

Thanks... Gary