WnSoft Forums

Pretty Buttons

JudyKay

I want to create a menu with buttons that change color. Here is what I have in mind.

I have a background and 10 buttons as a menu. I created a 50% opaque, 50%blurred color wheel that spins over the top of the buttons inside a mask so that the color only changes over the buttons. So far so good. But when I cover the buttons with the mask and color wheel, then the buttons no longer get focus when the menu is running. Has anyone done this? What ideas do you have?

JK

Thanks. The ability to have text color change on mouseover like an ordinary PTE button would be nice too. Using a transparent button makes the effect invisible on that transparent button, and the effect isn't activated on buttons on layers under the mask. But maybe there is a way?

Here is what I am doing now (simplified) which works, but with no mouseover color change:

Layer 1: Buttons on top - Opacity=0

Layer 2: Mask Container - 1) rotating colors inside 2) mask shaped like buttons

Layer 3: Buttons on the bottom - Opacity=100

Layer 4: Background

What actually is happening is that the top buttons which are invisible are actually functioning, and the buttons under the mask are visible, but not functioning. I think. Anyway it works minus the text color change.