WnSoft Forums

No audio in part of the project

Laszlo K

Two days ago I got a glitch that I can not understand.

Running V8.0.2 on Windows 7 machine with lots of juice.

This is a 59 minute project half is a slideshow and the other is a single video file (got 2 version of it an MP4 about 1.5 GB and an AVI about 3GB) I had tried them both. The video file will NOT show audio track on the timeline but plays the audio. When EXE or a DVD disc is created there is no audio. Tried with or without conversion multiple times. The video files were created in Pinnacle Studio V 17.

I had done this lots of times with the PTE V7,.. program without any issues.

Where should I look for a solution beside throwing all in Pinnacle (and that is what happening while I'm writing this note) to finish my project.

Nice to be back on the forum being away for a while

Laszlo

PS: Thanks Lin for pointing my nose to the right direction

Hi Laszio,

First, in order to see a waveform of the video sound in PTE, you must "mute" the video in Objects and Animations in the Properties tab. Next click on Project Options then the Audio Tab. Click on "Add Audio File" then on the small down arrow next to "Files of Type" click and choose "Video Files." Next navigate to your video file and double click it. PTE will automatically extract the audio content of your video, convert it to the correct format and it will then appear in the timeline as an audio file and you will have complete control via the envelope tool just as with any other audio file.

The second thing we must be concerned with is the size of the complete file. In a 32 bit system, there is a 2 gigabyte limitation in executable file size. Even though a video creation isn't subject to this same limitation, you may be exceeding the overall limit depending on the size of the non video part of your project, or there may be an issue with the type of audio which can sometimes cause a no sound condition.

The first thing I would do is to try to exclude the video from being contained in the same single project. In the Properties Tab of Objects and animations, select your video and click on the block next to "Do Not Include File to Exe" . Try creating an exe then and see if the audio works normally. If it does, then attempt to create a DVD and use rewritable media so you don't end up experimenting with and wasting good media.

It could be that you just need to change the pixel size of your images which are not subject to deep zoom to no larger than the expected display size and use the equivalent of level 7 Photoshop compression to minimize the non-video file size to stay under the limit of the DVD.

Try these things and let's see where it leads.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Welcome back Laszlo

Have you tried the on-line help for creating a DVD, I used 8.0.6 a few days ago with a 207MB show with 11 video clips, 6 music tracks, all MP3 & a selection of the video tracks stripped using Audacity & compiled using Audacity. I then created an MP4 video in PTE & burned a DVD using PTE, all without a hitch. Before you burned your DVD what was the size of the exe & could you see the video tracks in the timeline view? Screen shots would help.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-96196600-1413494383_thumb.jp

Thank you gentlemen.

Actually it did work Lin. The only boo-boo was that while you indicated to mute the video but there is no facility for that but mute the audio and than import the video as audio. The total volume on the disc is 2.57GB and it did work to burn the two shows but it boged down for EXE (I was just pushing it to see and yes I know it is huge, also I run a 64 bit machine). Thanks again.

Eric

The reason I wanted to burn it this way is to create two chapters that one can pick at will. A slideshow and a separate video. I always burn my photoshoot so I can give it to my models so to me it is a routine job.

I have used video with the V 7.5 but I didn't had to go thorough the MUTE & IMPORT as audio. Is this new in the V 8...?

Regards

Laszlo