WnSoft Forums

Why Doies My New Project uses old audio track?

PeteFine

Very strange problem I hope someone can solve. I deleted my audio track from an existing slideshow because a song was somehow getting chopped off and inserted a new audio track (same songs but different crossfades, etc). When I publish an EXE it plays as it should, and when I preview it just playing the project on my computer it also plays correctly, but whenever I burn a DVD it uses the old defective audio track! I have rebooted, saved the project in a different folder, etc many imes but the burnt DVd always burns with the cefective (old) soundtrack.

Guest Yachtsman1

Did you add the original track via Project Options or to a particular slide. If you added it to a slide, it needs to be deleted both at the slide & Project Options, I think? :unsure:

Thanks for the responses- first, I added the mp3 files by dragging them to the timeline audio track and, like i said, when I play the project, it is correct. But now I am realizing that it's not just the soundtrack- when I burn a DVD from Vidseo Builder, the DVD is actually burning asn older version of the project, even though the Video builder window only has the updated pte file added. The updated pte has a different name from the older one so this is unexplainable. Same thing happens when I create an .avi file. The only thing I can publish which comes out correctly is the .exe file.

Thanks- I just sent you the file (created support ticket...).The chopped off song (which plays fine on its own ) keeps getting chopped off instead of crossfading- only on the published DVD or avi, not the exe or when playing the pte file. I don't understand how the soundtrack on a published DVD can be anything but an exact copy of the pte file. But it is, no matter what I do to correct it.

Well,

I believe I found the issue.... hope this helps anyone else who ever encounters this glitch. This all started after I took a saved project and inserted some photos and moved a song so it crossfaded slightly differently with the next. I opened Project Options and looked at the Audio files. The "chopped off" song showed a length of 2min 35sec. I then opened that song in a separate audio program and it showed a length of 2min 40sec. I guess the weirdest part is that this only came into play when DVD's or AVI were published. So I don't truly understand why, but once I opened up that audio clip in Project Options and typed in a longer length, it now works. Why it ever changed to shorter time in the first place I don't know- just happy that I fixed it.

I'm glad that your resolved this problem!

If it possible, please send me the previous version of your project with that problem. All files (.pte project + images + audio files).

I'll check up again.

(Send me a personal message through the forum with a link to a ZIP archive.)