WnSoft Forums

How to improve quality for YouTube?

manis

Hi,

I created a slideshow and converted it to a mp4 for youtube. However the quality on youtbe is just horrific... is there a way to improve that quality? I suppose Youtube compressed the ideo, but is there a way to avoid this?

The settings I used can be seen in the enclosed screenshot.

The youtube film can be found here:

the original pte can be found here: http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/282-iceland-island-between-continents/

thanks,

Reine

Reine

You can upload HD versions of your Mp4, but don't expect it to be quick to upload. I am uploading one as we speak. Its 573MB in size and has been uploading some hours with 148 minutes left to go, but it uploads in the background so I will just leave it and let it finish overnight if I have to. Never uploaded anything this size before so it will be interesting to see how it looks and how it plays, being so large.

I did a short demo earlier which is also HD, so from a quality point of view it can be judged

Best to view it in Youtube as it seems to come up larger

When playing back through Youtube, the default resolution is often quite poor, I noticed that when I clicked on the link above, the resolution of the playback was 360p. When I expanded it to fullscreen, the resolution of the playback became 720p.

REINE

youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK4QhzG6kss

I first looked at your link on my 23" monitor, then via hdmi to my 39" tv

then I had to search for your upload and download it

I went to full screen mode

I was able to make out 4 people on the horizon

your birds were great was able to see a minnow in one's beak

so don't know what your complaint is

some of your shots are not the best

but overall the show is fine at my end

ken

Reine,

Can you give some details of the uploaded MP4?

Youtube is offering your HD Video at 720, 1080 and 1440.

What is the original resolution of the MP4?

For 1080 HD I would expect that it would play with black lines top and bottom on a 16:10 monitor but it plays full screen. There are some minor problems during animations and transitions.

When set to 1440 the minor problems become more serious.

Why not try a standard 16:9 1080 version and see what that does for you?

DG

P.S. Your ICELAND show on Slideshowclub has the same title (Filename) as a previously uploaded Iceland show.

I watched this at 1080 and the black lines were left and right. The quality of the playback was pretty good once the sharpness caught up after maybe 2 slides. I really liked some of the shots and some were stunners, and some were poor. Especially slide 2 or 3 I think. You have over 7 minutes here. Be a bit more selective and cut out the bad slides. My favourites were the walker in the red outfit and the red roof church. Great shots.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Reine,

I have 83 videos converted from exe files on Youtube. Unfortunately you are between the devil & the deep blue sea. If you use the best PTE conversion quality, you will have a large file size & the opposite if you use the lowest quality. Unfortunately YT decimates the subtlety of the PTE transitions such as pans & fades & in particular, scrolling text. With the more advanced PTE transitions the quality in the YT conversion is even worse. In my opinion if you want to pass on an MP4 conversion to a third party, use either SSC, Dropbox or Mediafire. YT will always downgrade your MP4 to suit its own methods, after all, although it wants to use your show to promote its own ends, it will do so at the least cost to itself. I use the medium quality PTE conversion & keep the technicalities to a minimum. Have you used the PTE sharpening feature when creating your original show, this will help sometimes with pans fades & scrolling.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-00670400-1420209892_thumb.jp post-5560-0-13498800-1420209903_thumb.jp

the settings I used were:

pan&sscab: on

Ratio: 1920x1200

fps: 30p

modus: bitrate two pass

bitrate: 3500

For the sharpening - I used a unsharp -115 (standard) in stead of sharpening 100

I chose 1920x1200, as this is a 16:10 aspect ratio, which is often used in monitors... I guess I'll have to chane to 16:9...

As for the pictures, what some like others don't that much, anyway I'll go down to 5 minutes, should be a bit less boring...

Thanks!

Here is a YouTube HD version of a slide show/tutorial NB. A You Tube video seems to play back at 320p resolution by default, but if you click the small cog wheel settings icon you can select resolutions up 1080p, if the video was uploaded at those resolutions.