WnSoft Forums

Video sound track as sound track for still images

LumenLux

I don't suppose it has anything to do with age <_<, but it sure annoys when I think I have done something and can't figure how to do it again in PTE!

1. I can not find the "envelope" control for video soundtrack. I mean the sound of the .avi file I am including in the AV.

2. In one sequence of several still images, I want the soundtrack of an unseen .avi file to continue playing through the specified .jpg's. I'm using Objects and Animation screen but I am finding it unusually clumsy and confusing. I simply want to have the slides appear one at a time, one after another, with the sound of .avi playing underneath.

Please, help me bring my mind back into the process.

Guest Yachtsman1

I don't suppose it has anything to do with age <_<, but it sure annoys when I think I have done something and can't figure how to do it again in PTE!

1. I can not find the "envelope" control for video soundtrack. I mean the sound of the .avi file I am including in the AV.

2. In one sequence of several still images, I want the soundtrack of an unseen .avi file to continue playing through the specified .jpg's. I'm using Objects and Animation screen but I am finding it unusually clumsy and confusing. I simply want to have the slides appear one at a time, one after another, with the sound of .avi playing underneath.

Please, help me bring my mind back into the process.

Hi LL

The envelope tool can be seen in the TIMELINE view from the main screen. I don't use the PTE sound manipulation I use Audacity to create my multi track audio file before adding to the show, so I don't see the video sound track. If I want to include a video sound track I add it to the Audacity folder for editing, once I'm happy with the composite audio I add it to the PTE show. Hope that helps, see the main screen & switch from SLIDE view to TIMELINE view. My buttons may be in a different place to yours.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-96282100-1436853649_thumb.jp

Hi Robert,

Dave has pointed you to the manual which describes the procedure but so others who read this thread understand, there is no envelope for audio in a video. To get an envelope you must perform two steps. First mute the audio on the video, then add the video as an audio which is one of the two choices when you choose "Add an audio file" from the "Audio Tab" in Project Options.

Where you see "Files of type," the default being "Audio files" click on the little blue box to the right with the small down arrow icon and you will see an additional choice "Video files." Click on this choice, navigate to the video and click and only then will you have the envelope and complete sound control over the video sound.

You have muted the audio of the video then added the video as an audio and PTE then extracts the sound track from the video and provides complete envelope control.

Best regards,

Lin

Add your sequence of slides and note the time that the sequence starts.

Add your audio of the avi in a Track in Project Options/ Audio and use the Offset to place the beginning of the Audio where you want it.

I hope that I understood the question :).

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Thank you each for the directions for the video sound usage!

Can someone also answer #2 or guide me to the appropriate help file?

Hi Robert

I've dug this out from my YouTube tutorials, hope this may help.

Yachtsman1.

Just to clarify - you don't need to actually add the AVI file at all to the objects list, just add the video as an audio then follow Dave's advice to use the offset to match where you want the video's audio to begin. You can also visually "drag" the audio track of the video where you want it to begin from the timeline which in turn, changes the offset automatically. You are treating the video as if it were an audio file only (which it actually is via PTE"s feature).

Best regards,

Lin