WnSoft Forums

Icon Duplication

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I was doing some work on my second Spanish show this morning & inadvertently dragged a video clip into the thumb nails along the bottom. This threw up an error which I've seen before but have usually got rid of & proceeded normally. As I wanted to optomise the clip I right clicked it & opened the optomisation/ editing screen. I couldn't see the screen so I checked the bottom info bar on my desktop (I usually have it hidden to give me a full screen to work from), There were two identical PTE icons there so I hovered my mouse over them, one was the optomisation screen one was the show I was working on. IMO this is confusing, would it not be possible for the optomisation icon to differ from the show icon, say a large circle around the humming bird to differentiate which is which?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-54470600-1440405423_thumb.jppost-5560-0-84738600-1440405432_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

It usually does, I think it opened behind because I had dragged the video clip into the slide list instead of optomising first, as I said.

My main query is with two different windows open you have identical icons, IMO the Editing/optomisation window icon shop have some indication to allow the viewer to see which is which.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

I'm sure I have found this to be a bit of an irritant too.

Along similar lines, I would like to see a different icon for a Mac show rather than the same as for a PC show.

These are I think an example of some of the little improvements that could make a big difference for presumably little effort.

Cheers

John

Nice to have a little moan now and again!

Peter,

I have always thought of it this way.

If you drag a video into the Slide List you (presumably) do not want to edit it (trim;cut etc) so the conversion is done in the background and therefore behind the main screen allowing you to continue working while the conversion is being carried out.

If you want to apply some editing to the Video as well as convert it then you call it up on a right click from the list of Images/Files. You can also do a "Batch" conversion this way.

JMTP,

DG

I'm sure I have found this to be a bit of an irritant too.

Along similar lines, I would like to see a different icon for a Mac show rather than the same as for a PC show.

These are I think an example of some of the little improvements that could make a big difference for presumably little effort.

Cheers

John

Nice to have a little moan now and again!

Hi John,

You have the option to use your own Icon rather than the default PTE icon don't you?

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Agreed, but would it not be better if PTE automatically produced a different icon, thus avoiding confusion. Then using ones own icon (always assuming you have the knowledge to create it) would be a bonus. I just think not having a different icon is, to be blunt, sloppy!

These little things, in my view, are just as important as the big things. This is a quality product, technically, without doubt but there are some small things that can always be improved that seem somehow to get overlooked. No harm in highlighting them from time to time.

Cheers,

John

HI John,

I guess it depends on how you have your Mac OS set up. Mac exe files carry the .zip extension and Windows the .exe extension. Not being a Mac user, I'm not sure what you see when the Mac native exe is not in zipped format so perhaps having a different defalult icon makes sense at this time. Once a full Mac version is available, I'm not certain there will be any need for a different icon but it's definitely something you might consider adding as a suggestion on the Suggestions for Next Version forum.

Best regards,

Lin