WnSoft Forums

Click and Drag

David Porter

I have had this problem a number of times before and thought I had found a solution but if I did I have now forgotten it.

I open a slide in O & A and then ADD a number of slides to it (not as childs). These slides I want to reduce in size, rotate and position around the base image. I highlight one of the slides use the handles to reduce it to the size I want then rotate using the rotate handle and then I click inside the image to drag it into position. At this point the highlighted slide reverts to the base slide and that moves when I drag it rather than I want. How do I keep the slide I want highlighted and therefore drag it manually rather than using Pan figures.

mickp

Thanks Dave, I think you have probably solved it. Obviously some technical reason why it has to be which I am not interested in and will have another go in the morning when my concentration levels will be higher.

Mickp

Mick

For quite some time I have used a method which over time has become standard for me. If you place the cursor in any of the animation boxes. Pan, Rotate, Zoom or 3D you can move that object by hitting the up and down arrows on the keyboard.Just press and hold and your image will fly around the screen. If you need it to move faster, use page up and down rather than the cursor control keys. You can place the flashing cursor anywhere in the animation value boxes and this works.

... If it has other IMAGES/OBJECTS above it (in the stack) they need to be marked as "Transparent to selection" ...

"Transparent to selection" has effects on the final presentation (EXE), while "Ignore objects not selected" (Tools menu) has its effect only in the A&O-editor. So in case your are working with actions on mouse-click it is better to avoid "Transparent to selection".

Regards,

jt

Thanks JT,

You may have noticed the link in Post#4 which explains that.

For the purposes of this thread either method (or both) will produce the desired result.

If there are any hyperlinks in the slide in question then unticking "Transparent to selection", after editing, is advisable, as you say.

DG