WnSoft Forums

PTE not running well in Windows 10 VMware

Ronniebootwest

I am a Mac user and have installed VMware Fusion and run PTE in that, as a virtual machine. I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and now seem to be having problems running PTE. (it was perfect in Windows 8.1)
It all started very well but I now find that the PTE program is running so slow it is tiresome. It could be a problem with VMware program or with Windows itself but I am quite sure that it is nothing to do with PTE.

Is anybody else, who has upgraded to Windows 10, ecperiencing this problem? 

Hi

at risk of hijacking you post Ronnie, I am running Paralells but have resisted the temptation to upgrade to Windows 10. I would be interested to know if any of our community using Paralells have any comments on their experiences?

Hope all turns out for the best soon  I'm sure it will not be a PTE fault  my money is on MS!!

"I am a Mac User"  I know that PTE works well on a PC, my question is about VMware Fusion.  As I stated previously, Everything worked well in Windows 8.1, it is only since I upgraded to Windows 10.

I might consider doing a complete clean install of both Windows 10 and Vmware but, that seems a little extreme until I kn ow that it is just me having the problem.

Ron.

OK guys, all is well now.

I decided to do a System Reset of Windows 10 and this seemed to clear the initial problem but, it created a new one, i.e. I was only able to select from three display resolutions and this did not allow me to take advantage of the higher resolutions of the retina display of my iMac. I then discovered that I needed to re-install 'VMware Tools' in order to correct the new problem.

Now everything is working OK.

Cheers,
Ron West.