WnSoft Forums

Hesitation or jerk during a pan

ErnestP

I am getting a slight hesitation of the main object during a pan. It seems to be at the point where the fade from the previous slide ends. I have used linear, accelerate and smooth pans all without success. I am using a basic dissolve. My version is 8.0.18 Deluxe.

Regards, Ernest

Do you get it in the EXE or just in the Preview?

It would help if you could attach a 2 slide show which illustrates the problem.

Use Backup in Zip (File Menu). If the files are small enough you should be able to directly upload here. (Max = 3Mb).

DG

Crossfades/dissolves during pan is one of the most difficult to create without visible hesitation. Every pixel changes on the screen simultaneously. What are your computer specs include GPU and graphics memory (GB)?

Tom

This "hesitation" always happen to me and, further more, pan speed (or zoom speed, if it is the case) accelerate when transition ends. No way, till now, to avoid this problem. Big problem, let me say!

Jose

20 hours ago, orizaba said:

This "hesitation" always happen to me and, further more, pan speed (or zoom speed, if it is the case) accelerate when transition ends. No way, till now, to avoid this problem. Big problem, let me say!

Jose

I do not think PTE takes advantage of some of the more powerful features of new graphics cards in order to support older cards that do not have the capability (lowest common denominator). I sure hope the GTX10nn and RX4nn series cards can do smooth pan/fade transitions.

It could be Ernest is using high megapixel images straight out of camera and if he lowers the image size it would pan/fade without hesitation (for whatever graphics card he is using).

Tom

Hi All,

Thanks for all the input. The problem occurs on my wife's PC which has an Intel Graphics and Media card on the motherboard. The settings are:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Refresh rate: 59p Hz. Changing the setting to 60 Hz increases the hesitation.

Scaling: Maintain Display Scaling

The PC processor is a Intel Pentium CPU G2030 at 3.00GHz 3.00GHz with 4 gig ran and 64 bit operating system.

The problem occurs in both the preview and when running the exe file.

When I run the exe file on my PC that has a Nividia GeForce GT520 display adapter there is no hesitation. So it seems that the problem is due to the graphic card on my wife's PC. The solution would be to install a separate graphic card to her PC. 

Regards,

Ernest