WnSoft Forums

Fonts-how to copy fonts from old to new PC?-SOLVED

goddi

Greetings,

I just noticed in one of my older shows, the font I had used to create the show is not available any more in PTE, so PTE is using some other font. The original show was created in my old PC (using the Blair font)  and I noticed this problem when I openned the show in my new PC. In my old  PC, there are 645 fonts. In my new  PC, it shows 264 fonts. I have tried to copy all of the 645 fonts from my old PC to my new PC using a transfer cable. When I do this, it seems that all the fonts have been copied into the  Windows/Font folder. But in close inspection, I find that there are still missing fonts. So I have tried to copy one at a time to see what happens and then they appear in the split screen of the transfer cables program window that they have been copied. So I think the font is there. But if I go back to the Windows/Font folder in the new PC, there are still only the 264 fonts. And, if I go into PTE, that font that I transferred (but seen in the transfer cables program's window in the new PC) is not listed in the new PC's font list (still only 264 fonts) and is not available in PTE.

From all that I have read on how to transfer fonts from one PC to another, this should be working for me, but it is not. Can someone tell me what  I might be doing incorrectly?

Thanks... Gary

23 minutes ago, davegee said:

Try one font and Right Click - it should give you the option to install?

Just from memory - maybe wrong.

DG

Dave...There is no option to 'install'. The font that seemed to have transferred over to the new PC is not even listed in the Windows/Font folder. All info I find seems to say that all I need to do is transfer the fonts. If I highlight all the fonts and do a transfer, it should work. But even if I sucessfully tranfer (using transfer cable), it does not appear in the  new PCs Window/Font folder, nor does it appear in the font selection in PTE.

Gary

5 hours ago, jt49 said:

Copy fonts to some folder on your HD (not to Windows\Fonts), highlight them and click right. You will see the option to install them.

jt49

Greetings All,

Yes...I copied the 'Fonts' folder in the old PC to its desktop. Then I copied it to my new PC's desktop via the transfer cable. I right-clicked on the Blair font and found the 'install' and it worked. The PTE show is now using this font. However, do I have to 'install' each and every of the other 381 fonts one at a time that have not been installed yet on my new PC??? From everything I have read on-line has been that all I have to do is to copy them into the Windows/Fonts folder...but that has not  worked.

Thanks for the instructions. At least now I have the one font that I know I was missing!

Gary

ADDED LATER: Well, I didn't think this would work but I highlighted all of the fonts I transferred over to my new PC and hit the Install. And they all installed. Magic!!!  Learn something every day. Thanks All.

16 hours ago, goddi said:

...  Well, I didn't think this would work but I highlighted all of the fonts I transferred over to my new PC and hit the Install. And they all installed. Magic!!! ...

You could have looked at my image above :)