WnSoft Forums

Iceland 2016

Almark

Hi Mark,

I guess everybody is too involved with V9 Beta to respond to you A/V. Not that I can add too much but I thought the photography was well up to or exceeding your usual excellent standard making me really want to visit Iceland. The show itself I found a bit bitty jumping from waterfall to mountains and back to waterfalls several times plus the various different techniques in shooting he waterfalls seemed to break the harmony. The dreaded mini-zooms were there again and I guess that is ingrained into your technique and I note more and more people are doing it. I just wish someone would tell me the reasoning behind it as I just find it distracting.

I hope you get some more comments and look forward to revised versions.

Mickp

Hi Mick, 

thanks for your feedback.  I take on board your comments about it 'jumping', I'll certainly revisit it with that in mind. (It's only V1)

Mini zooms, as you can probably tell, I like them.  I try to restrain myself to just 100% to 102%.  I think they create just a small sense of movement. 

Liked the show being a fan of the Icelandic landscape, almost all the images are superb.

I would however prefer to see more fades/dissolves as a break from the snap changes which are a bit repetitious.

Regards

John

Hi Barry, first Trip was in 2014, and we only had a car.  As a result there where many areas we simply couldn't get to.  (BTW, the show I made with the 2014 images is better, IMHO, than this one.)

This time we got a 4x4, a Toyota RAV4, which was excellent. It allowed us to get into the interior, which is like a different world (illustrated in this 2016 show).  However; to get to some of the remote areas, we would need a 4x4 with a breather to cross the deeper rivers, maybe next time?!  I attach an iPhone video just for fun.

Thanks John, the snaps are designed to fit with the beat. I have also made a show that uses the same images to a 9 min. electronic version of Speigil im Speigel, just very slow fades.  It is amazing how such a different approach to the music and transitions creates a completely different 'feel'.

For those interested in the photography, I used a Fuji XT1 with 10-24 lens and a Fuji XT10 with a 55-200 lens.  I have been playing with On1 Photo 10 as my main post production software. I don't do any commercial work and the photography is just a hobby. For me part of the fun is playing with the images.

IMG_2286.MOV

• 4 weeks later...