WnSoft Forums

Projection failed

Johnwnjr

I have been projecting Pte .exe files (shows) successfully for years, but for some reason that I am wondering whether any member of this forum can solve, I suddenly cannot project them anymore.   Old PowerPoint sequences made many years ago project OK still.   I use a Samsung Laptop which appears to be functioning perfectly, and an Epson Projector which will still project DVDs via a DVD player.  I am using HDMI leads and have tested them via the TV.   All sequences will still play through the TV, that is PTE ones and PowerPoint ones.   What may have happened is that someone asked me to present their PowerPoint USB sequence, which still projects OK, or it may be something to do with Microsoft Updating Windows 10.  I zhave spend over 12 hours trying to solve this without success, so I would be grateful of any help.  Thanks in advance. John

John, can you see the laptop desktop etc via the projector?

Have you tried opening a PTE project and previewing that?

I cannot think of any reason that the show would not project. 

Does it appear on the laptop screen but not on the projector?

Give us some more details so we can try to help you further.

Jill

The Windows 10 part of the normal "lit windows (Microsoft design) " plus taskbar shows on the projector screen but all icons on the desktop are missing.  They are showing on the laptop screen as does a running sequence with sound.  I have by the way tried adjusting projector settings and reset the projector to default settings.   I haven't looked at a PTE project because they show OK on the laptop and it is not what I want to project at the moment but the 100 or so already made sequences, which still show on the laptop and via the TV.   Previously I only needed to attach the laptop to the projector to get the same pictures, and I have checked the settings for TV and projection on the laptop.  I hope that helps you to help me!   Thanks.

If not all of the icons are showing on the projector it sounds as though some settings have been changed.

Make sure that the projector resolution is correct via control panel and that you are duplicating the display rather than extending.

The reason I suggested trying a PTE project is when you Preview if there are two screens is laptop and projector it will ask which you want to display it on, screen 1 or 2. Try with both to see what happens.

If the message does not appear then it suggests that the screen is duplicated and the problem lies elsewhere.

Jill

I ran a PTE Project and on clicking Preview got a choice of Display 1 and Display 2.   Nothing projected on 1 but the Project ran on 2.  Taskbar finished up with Pte Viewer 5 on an icon and I closed window and it was back to the Windows Screen without the Icons.   I do not understand how to check projector resolution in this case via the control panel & duplicating and extending.   Display Resolution of Laptop is 1366 x 768 (Recormended) and that of the sequence in PTE 1920 x 1080 which has been the case for several years without trouble.  The message your mentioned did not appear.

I seem to have solved the problem by pressing fn and f4 on the laptop which as you mentioned earlier results in a choice of screen duplicating or extending.   I had forgotten about this control feature.   

Thank you very much for your help Jill.  

John