WnSoft Forums

Smartphone and PTE

Laszlo K

I finally got myself a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy s7). So since I'm no kid and don't live by the phone also have better things to keep on swiping than a miniature computer.

So for me to have this gadget usefull I would like to know if it would be able run an exe file on it. Since I have the phone only for 2 days I didn't make any attempt to try. Any idea?

Laszlo

I do have a sequence running on an Android tablet but it has become a .wmv file.   I transferred it long ago and at the moment can't remember how I did it!   However it runs quite well but a little less smooth than an .exe file on a PC or a Projector.    I presume it has become a video file.   Perhaps some one else can add to this.

Yes John

.WMV is a Windows video file. I can see that to be played by a smart phone but if it is converted to MP4 it seems to be a lot better quality. Still even that is a compressed video file that is inferior to .EXE according to my experience. I do have a bunch of stuff on Vimeo and my phone has no problem playing them also the quality is not bad. But one has to take into consideration the size of the display. So it is sharp and a fair bit saturated.