WnSoft Forums

Index of Main object [SOLVED]

Jean-Cyprien

Hi,

In a view, I have pictures with Main object indexes.

If I copy and paste the (entire) view the index are kept.

But if I copy the files (of the pictures, or of the frame containing picture's files) and paste them in an other view, the indexes are lost. They were kept with PTE 8.

PTE 9.0.11  Windows 7

Thanks

15 hours ago, Jean-Cyprien said:

if I copy the files (of the pictures, or of the frame containing picture's files) and paste them in an other view, the indexes are lost.

Jean-Cyprien,

I apologize for this stupid problem! We'll fix it quickly. This bug appeared in one of recent updates.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Jean-Cyprien said:

Hi Igor,

Don't apologize for this very small problem, you have done so much to improve the O&A window, terribly easier to use !

Thanks so much !

Jean-Cyprien,

Thanks,  please try an updated test version (v9.0.12 BETA):

http://files.wnsoft.com/test/picturestoexe-setup.exe

Does it fix this problem?

No, what I do is this : for exemple I put in a frame six pictures, with the following indexes : 1   5   7   14   17   25

(Those numbers because I have a lot of other Main objects in this slide.)

After copying the frame in a blank slide, the indexes become  6  5  4  3  2  1

Importance of original indexes :

In the frame N°1 I have several files with the index X  (for exemple the right pages of a book)

In the frame N°2 I have also several files with the same index X  (the left sides of the book)

And also in other frames (a page moving from the right side to left side...) the same files with the index X

Of course, after coying the files in a new slide, it is possible to change the files of index 1 (previously X)  then those of index 2 (previously X)  then 3 (previously X)  with the same file (blue page, or white page, or...) but by laziness, it's easier to do this just one time with just one index : the original X index.

Note that if I copy several files with the same index X, all those files will have the same new index, 7 for exemple --  BUT only for the files that were copied in just one time. If I copy later other files with the previous X index, their new index will not be the same 7, but an other one (not used previously in the new view).

Because it is possible to change a file for all those which have the same index number. And this is a great possibility I use frequently !

On 16.08.2017 at 7:47 PM, Jean-Cyprien said:

Importance of original indexes :

In the frame N°1 I have several files with the index X  (for exemple the right pages of a book)

In the frame N°2 I have also several files with the same index X  (the left sides of the book)

And also in other frames (a page moving from the right side to left side...) the same files with the index X

Of course, after coying the files in a new slide, it is possible to change the files of index 1 (previously X)  then those of index 2 (previously X)  then 3 (previously X)  with the same file (blue page, or white page, or...) but by laziness, it's easier to do this just one time with just one index : the original X index.

Note that if I copy several files with the same index X, all those files will have the same new index, 7 for exemple --  BUT only for the files that were copied in just one time. If I copy later other files with the previous X index, their new index will not be the same 7, but an other one (not used previously in the new view).

Because it is possible to change a file for all those which have the same index number. And this is a great possibility I use frequently !

Hi Jean-Cyprien,

Please try the updated version:

http://files.wnsoft.com/test/picturestoexe-setup.exe

Does it work as you expect with main image indexes?

• Igor changed the title to Index of Main object [SOLVED]