WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #5

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #5 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.4 Mb)

What's new in v4.30 beta #5:

+ It's possible to add your own copyright logo to all slides. The best visual results with 32-bit .bmp images with alpha channel. (Project options | Advanced tab).

+ Added "Disable F1 key" option (Project options | Advanced tab).

+ Improved sort mode in the file panel for files with numbers in the name.

* Fixed several visual bugs.

p.s. for the next betas I'll improve waveform and Pause mode in the synced' show.

Thanks again, Igor.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm having trouble keeping up with all these improvements! :) Looking forward to the waveform modifications.

Igor, I noticed a small glitch that keeps occurring on the thumbnail view of the slide list. It's a bit unpredictable, but shows up now and then.

For instance, this time when I installed the new beta #5, when the program opened automatically to the last slide-show I had worked on, the images on the horizontal slide list were all bunched together, without the usual white border between them. This has happened in the other betas, too, but I am unable to replicate the problem after I close PTE and then re-open it.

Edit: On my latest show I find that this now happens every time I re-open PTE.

p.s. for the next betas I'll improve waveform and Pause mode in the synced' show.

Igor, thanks for attending to the Pause problem. Most of my shows are fast-paced (usually just a second or two per slide) and sometimes people want to take a closer look at something that zipped by. Backing up to a particular slide is a pain when the show begins running again after clicking the Back arrow.

Firstly, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for implementing light table sorting. That is the single feature that kept me evaluating other presentation programs. I can rest now!

For the most part, I have found Beta #5 to work great. However, I have found one bug related to file renaming that you should probably take a look at. If when renaming a file in the thumbnail view, you try to enter a capital "R" (Shift-R), the thumbnail is rotated instead of the "R" being entered in the file name. The accelerator keys still seem to be active when the file renaming dialog box has focus.

That's all so far,

-Scott

I have been having trouble When I remove a slide from my show.

I can remove only once then the key will not work again.

Here are the steps I take to see this happen.

1 add a picture (Double click on one).

2 add a second picture (double click on one.)

3 remove the second picture (Remove slide button).

4 add the second picture again.

5 remove the second picture (Remove slide Button).

on the 5th step I can not get the picture to remove.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

I find the same thing happens too (Win 2K)!

Nothing seems to remove any slide once added to the slide list from the files list; using Drag &Drop or double clicking - it also cannot be moved. All slides can, however be cleared from the list at once - but this is not what's needed with this feature !

You need to take a look Igor.

Den (NE UK)

Thanks, you are right!

It's so interesting, - right today I've finally found and fixed one visual bug when sometimes Preview is not shown when you click on a slide. I wasn't able to reproduce it again, but fixed exact reason of this problem. And with your help I now can be sure of that it's fixed and it's a same bug :)

I'll upload updated beta very soon.

Al, excuse me that I've missed your first message about this bug!

Also couldn't you explain me more about "glitch that keeps occurring on the thumbnail view" problem you've mentioned above?

Scott,

Thank you, it will be fixed in the new beta #6

Hi Igor

I have seen similar to Al's 'glitch' but I also cannot reproduce it. The thumnails (in horizontal slide view) butt-up to each other leaving no white space arround them or the borders of the window. If I resize the thumnails it corrects itself. With me it has happened a few times when it has started or has been switched to but I haven't been able to force it by resizing the view. If I am not mistaken PTE was full screen at either 1600x1200 under Win XP.

Hope this helps

Mike

Igor,

The "thumbnail glitch" is the same one reported by Mike in the previous post. At first I thought I couldn't reproduce it, as resizing the thumbnails "fixes" the problem. However, if I close PTE and then open it again, the thumbnails in the slide list are again butted close together without any space between.

Glad to hear you've found a fix to the other problem with the missing preview.