WnSoft Forums

Slide Style - use on an image added to an image?

goddi

Greetings,

I haven't really used Slide Styles much, but I was just experimenting with them. It seems you can not apply a Slide Style to an image that was added to an image in O&A.

Is this true or is there a way to do that?

Gary

Definitions Gary -

Slide styles are applied to "slides." A slide is everything that's connected to the image seen in the slide list including objects used as "children" of what you see in the slide view. As such what you need to decide is what will be seen when the "main images" are replaced by the user. 

For example, if you want something to stay with the replaced image you see in the slide list as a subset of that replacement image you do not include it as a "main" image. Main images are what get replaced by the user to apply the style to. That's why slide styles are applied in the slide view rather than in Objects and Animations.

If you can describe what it is that you are trying to accomplish, perhaps I can help you set it up. You don't apply styles to components of a slide but rather to the entire slide. So, for example, if you have a hierarchical child object with some animation taking place and you apply a style to a new image, that new image will have the same hierarchical child performing the same animation but with a new main image.

If you want a different child doing something on the new slide, you would simply use the replace image in the properties tab to change the child object but you wouldn't try to apply a style to a subset of the slide.

Best regards,

Lin

You can add as many images to a single slide in O&A as you wish but you need to manually give them an index number.

There is no point in adding an image to an image before applying a style because the style will overwrite any hierarchical order in the original slide.

You can prove this for yourself - add three images in parent child relationship, index them 1-3 and apply the Brush Strokes Style. What you will get is three new slides.

It is one of the "improvements" that we are waiting for in a future version - to be able to make a Style "additive".

Old news.

DG

I recently experienced this practically myself.  Although I am sure the above explanations are excellent, perhaps a practical example might help.   I added an image to a slide on the screen in O &A and then tried to apply a slide style.   The Slide Style ignored the added image.   So I went back to Photoshop and merged the two shots.   Then introduced the finished slide back into Pictures To Exe and applied the Slide Style successfully.

JR

John,

Styles require INDEXED images.

If you want an applied Style to create a Parent / Child relationship you have to create the Style to do it and also any required animation.

Any animation that you create in a slide can be converted into a Style that can be applied to other slides. The created Style containing the Parent /Child setup can then be applied to other slides.

But indexing is the key. If you use a non-indexed image in a Style that you created it will be included in the Style but it will apply that original image. Sometimes that works for you but it can also be inappropriate. A non-indexed image can be used as a bg which will be applied to all instances of the applied style.

Basically, unless the animation that you want is included in the Style you are applying then you will not get it by creating it and then applying a Style. The applied Style will overwrite anything in the slide(s) you are applying it to.

Try creating Styles - it is fun.

DG

P.S. There an example of a Parent / Child setup here: https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/slide-styles/create

Two ways of doing it - both shown.