WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Presentations

CSchmittie

Greetings Everyone:

The Beechbrook link seems to work now!

I use PTE to show wedding couples a sample layout of their album. The title is "Karlee and Eddie" and is an example of how I photograph weddings and design albums out here on the prairies of North Dakota.

Certainly interested in your comments, suggestions, etc. on this international forum.

Enjoy

CSchmittie

www.craig-schmidt.com

craig@craig-schmidt.com

Tried downloading by clicking on the address in your last entry but the message came up "Page cannot be found". Deleted the extension in the address "/karleeedie.zip" and accessed your website but unable to locate the *.zip file.

Ron [uK]

Craig, your website is very nice and I look forward to viewing your PTE presentation of your fine photography. I might suggest (and you may already know), that you don't upload your entire show to Beechbrook. Just upload the link to your show as you have it available on your own site. Of course you will need the link working (as I too have not been able to download it from your own site yet.)

Bill of Beechbrook is very generous and helpful in allowing us to post shows and links on his site. I and several others just send him the link and the small photo for him to post on his site. This takes some burden off his bandwidth expense and allows for him to post more shows from users who do not have the ability to disburse them from their own site.

I expect we will soon be enjoying your presentation.

Hi Everyone!

Well I thank you for your well meaning comments to this "newbie" to the forum. I think I got it working now. I'll let you folks try it, and if it's working, I'll then post it on Beechbrook.

URL is www.craig-schmidt.com/karleeeddie.zip

The show within the zip file is still called "showtest.exe" but it's the only one there. You'll get the idea.

I use PTE to show my wedding couples a layout of their album. You will see one of the first pages has a progressive "reveal" where each image on the page comes up one by one until the entire layout is identified as "done"by the page number at the bottom of the screen. This particular wedding show was about 33 mb in its entirety with about 160 some slides. But it seemed my website didn't like the big file for some unknown reason.

What I did for all of you is I eliminated the majority of the reveal slides and just left the completed pages, and I left in only one of the 3 pieces of music. That makes for a MUCH smaller show size, but of course it isn't quite as impressive either. So I hope you can see around that.

Looking forward to your comments, and learning more about this adventure called "technology". Thanks again for your help.

Enjoy

Craig (CSchmittie)

Craig

This time, your sequence downloaded and unzipped satisfactorily.

Whilst I am not into this type of photography, I am interested in presentation and this was excellent. Your images matched the occasion in a perfect way.

The only problem I had was that I could not operate the control bar at the bottom right of the screen, apart from the "X".

Thanks and good luck.

Ron [uK]

:P It all worked fine for me - including the navigation panel. I'm sure the couple will be delighted with the photographs and this presentation of them. I didn't recognise the music - it fitted beautifully. And I thought the black background worked well too - making the colours stand-out nicely.

Just a small point but I would have made the page numbers less intrusive - smaller font and perhaps on the bottom lefthand side. I realise why they're necessary but they do detract a little from the lovely images (in my opinion anyway).

It's interesting getting different feedback.

Regarding the background:

I have several shows where I used a light colored background with my subtle studio logo wallpapered throughout. The photographers there said the light background was too distracting, others said it was just right because we WANT them to see the studio logo throughout the shows. I chose black this time for no real reason other than just to see what it looks like. I do like the photographs on black, they seem to "pop" a bit more.

It's all personal opinion. . . . . you know?

The music is royalty free music from "The Music Bakery"

Regarding the large page numbers, keep in mind that the purpose of this presentation is to preview the album for the wedding couple. They are large to keep them on track, and each page number, as it comes up, indicates the "completion" of that page layout.

CSchmittie

I have had another check and found that whilst the "back" and "forward" buttons work, the pause button does not on my download.

Ron [uK]

Guest Techman1

Craig,

I was finally able to download your presentation. Nice work! I'm sure the bride and groom will be very pleased with the final product. I'm sure the album will be a wonderful keepsake for them to treasure for many many years.

You did a very nice job capturing this couples wedding day and looks like you added a lot of fun to the day also through your creative poses. It looks like they gave you extra time to capture them at a few different spots.

Congratulations on a job well done.

Fred

p.s. - the navigation controls worked fine on my PC.

I liked the show very much.

Ken, the majority of wedding albums these days seem to be dark colours, with black very popular amongst young style conscious couples Personally I think it works really well although it’s not to everyone’s taste. It really makes some of the bright dresses stand out.

All very interesting. Unfortunately I have not been able to DL the presentation. When I tried your direct link, the dl was very slow and then stalled completely. Then on Beechbrook, on your show only, I get a message that my presence or my action is not permitted. :( But I shall try again.

:D

CSchmittie;

A fantastic presentation with terrific music. Do you burn this presentation then to DVD as an add-on sale to your bride and groom?

What a neat concept.....

How were you able to get the multiple images on the background (not the total black background but the background acting as the pageface ).

How were you able to add these into the 10x20's one at a time during your

presentation? Photoshop wizardry?

I am located between St. Cloud and Minneapolis....Please email me....This would work great for a project I have coming up..... waynemppa@netscape.net

Once again, Terrific job......

thank you bunches.....

:D