WnSoft Forums

Out of Synchronization [SOLVED]

jt49

It seems that choosing long start times for audio clips will cause time shifts in PTE 10, while PTE 9 shows a nice behaviour. You may look at the attached example project, which contains an audio clip with a start time of about 4 minutes.

1) Open the attached project in Version 9 first. Have a look at the transition points and at the audio peaks in the upper audio track. Run the show in the preview or in the Mini-Player. You should see and hear what you will expect. The 2 colour changes and the 2 claps show up at the same time. Close without saving.

2) Now open the attached project in Version 10. Again, have a look at the transition point and at the audio peaks in the upper audio track. Run the show in the preview or in the Mini-Player. In Version 10, the colour changes and the claps do not come together. The claps come too early. In order to have colour changes and claps at the same time, you have to mute the upper audio track and unmute the lower audio track. In the lower track, the peaks in the wave are far away from the transition points.

4Minutes_2Claps_01.zip

Yes, strange problem with this MP3 file.

I tried to convert in Audacity this MP3 to several other formats: WAV, OGG, MP3. And then replace original file to a converted one. The result was correct.

I'll continue tomorrow.

I created the claps with a USB-Mic in Audacity (version 2.3.3). The mp3 file has been exported from Audacity.

I noticed this problem when I used V10 to open a show created in V9, and which runs fine in V9. The problem happened with an mp3 file exported from Audacity (2017), containing a mix of edited pieces from an Audio-CD. Attachment: Media-Info of this mp3 clip.

In both cases I used the option "Joint Stereo" which normally works well for me.

Diving_Down_Deep_bearb--MediaInfo.txt

• Igor changed the title to Out of Synchronization [SOLVED]