WnSoft Forums

Great News

Lin Evans

Several years ago, PanosFX created a Photoshop action which created any of three fan designs which users could use to place their own images on. theDom and I decided to create templates to allow animation of these fans with PicturesToExe. Dave G also created a neat style and we had fun outputting separate PNG blades with transparency from Photoshop then combining these fan blades into an animated opening and closing. It was a bit tedious because when a user created a new fan and used Photoshop to output the individual fan blades, to use them with either the style or templates required either renaming each blade or replacing all 19 blades one at a time in the template. However, the output was fun and we could then put the animated fan in PTE under a controlling frame and control it as desired.

Fast forward to now. Panos has created a new Photoshop action which lets the user not only output their choice of image on the fans, but output the fans to a Quicktime MOV format alpha channel Video which performs the very action that we created with PTE years ago. It's quick and easy and a fun thing. 

I don't have a later version of Photoshop so I wrote to Panos and asked if he would mind linking me to a single small video output by Photoshop so I could test it with PTE. Panos sent me one this morning and it works PERFECTLY with PTE. The Quicktime MOV video with Alpha Channel transparency can just be dropped under a controlling frame in PTE and voila! 

Thanks Panos and thanks Igor - PTE works perfectly with this Quicktime transparency video from Photoshop!

Best regards,

Lin

As in my PM - damned Photoshop CC won't install on my Win 8.1 system. I bought then cancelled a subscription. It installs on Win 7 64 bit and on the later but not earlier versions of Win 10. I give up. I'm not changing the operating system just to run a subscription based Adobe product. It's too bad, I like the idea of being able to create a Quicktime Alpha channel MOV, but I just won't jump through hoops for a company which elected to simply "skip" two versions of Windows. People who have installed it on Win 7 say it's not that it won't "run" on Win 8 or 8.1, it will. Adobe just won't install it on either. 

Best regards,

Lin