boxig

"Multi-Show Player" - version 2.0

New big 700 x 530 and beautiful window made by Ken

Many inside improvements

Much more friendly to your users

New and big Help file easy to understand and to read in exe file

Final version !!!

Screen Shot here

(if you use win XP don't forget to view full size 700 x 530)

Please read the whole Help file before you start checking this utility.

Ken made some skins but due to overall big size I did not included them in the zip.

Maybe I will upload them later on to my web site.

Please your comments and feedback only concerning version 2.0.

Main features:

* Ability to include many presentations on one CD.

* Play selected presentations in a sequence.

* Run few presentations in a Loop or only once.

* Stop Display / Stop Loop ability.

* Temporarily install and Run presentations from user's HD

* Run presentations direct from CD.

* Display a text file for each presentation.

* Predefined groups (lists) of presentations by categories made by you.

* User can select only presentations he wants to run.

* User can sort any list of presentations the way he wants.

* User can Save / Load his own sorted groups (lists).

* Install one Screen Saver on user's system.

* A direct link to your web site.

* Adding your Logo image as welcome page.

* Select skin (or make your own skin).

* Display a general "About" (about the CD or your company).

* Pouring gold coins from your show...just joking.

Download:

http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com/MultiShowPlayer.zip

:P Granot

Hi Granot,

You must be back from your Holidays ? - How is your XP behaving ?

Just saw your "Multi-Show" Utility-

Really great job,its a vast improvement on the 'old version'

Looks as if you and Ken were really busy on that one. :rolleyes:

Brian.Conflow Services.

Congratulations Granot!

Not only on the very good utility, but also on the best help file or read.me file you have ever done. B) (Of course I didn't dare not read it.)

Your quick turn around time on improvements is amazing. It also means that my carefully documented comments on V1.0.1.0 never went beyond my notepad. I will also follow your request for comments now to just be on the current version.

I think the current version is running very well and looks fine. Thank you and thank Ken. One annoyance to me: When running a list of shows, if I "escape" out of a show, it is very easy to hold the escape key too long which then also escapes and closes Multi Show Player. Ouch. For me, this is a real nuisance but it may be even more confusing if viewer person does the same thing. The viewer may not know to reinsert the CD or may not bother to do so. I wish I had brought this to your attention sooner. My suggested improvement would be to make MultiShowPlayer immune from the escape key. Allow your fine utility to be terminated only by the X you have in the upper right corner of the program. Maybe(?) this is minor enough change that you could still call it V2.0?

Michel

Thank you. By the way, I did not forget the suggestion for French version. But how can I know if there are enough members who really need the French version ?

Brian

I am amazing from your knowledge about all those problems (I read your XP explanation). It is good to know we have someone to solve our problems.

My XP at home is fine and no more problems from the day you show me how to fix it. But be sure, if I'll ever have a problem I will come to you in a hurry.

Robert

:o I said "Final version !!!" - don't you know to read ???

Don't you have any feelings ?

Do you want to destroy ALL my vacation ?

Don't you have something better to do then sitting with your finger on the ESC key ???

I love you.

That's what I was looking for. You have been and continue to be of great help.

Fixed and uploaded as version 2.0.0.1

Granot / Boxig

I am just completing a video tutorial DVD/CD for wedding photographers and have included evrything I can think off and then saw your utility.

I have not downloaded it yet as I am away from home, but would like to do so and include it and how to use it on my tutorial disk.

The CD am producing will not cost a fortune, but it is a commercial product. Do you have any issues with me using your utility in this way please?

Regards

Barry Beckham

www.beckhamdigital.co.uk

Robert

:o   I said "Final version !!!" - don't you know to read ???

Don't you have any feelings ?

Do you want to destroy ALL my vacation ?

Don't you have something better to do then sitting with your finger on the ESC key ???

I love you.

That's what I was looking for. You have been and continue to be of great help.

Fixed and uploaded as version 2.0.0.1

:P  Granot

What can I say -

Only thanks.

Hi Boxig,

Don't bother too much about the French version. I'll manage to give instructions to my friends throught the "About" fonction... For your information there are probably a few hundred of French users of PTE that are potential users of Multishow Player !

May be when the moron is send back home, texans'll stop bashing their allies and hope is restored... around the world!

Granot,

thanks again for your work, as always well done.

We had speaked about it on the french PTE forum and we can explain the functions easy.

You had also worked already much for the launcher in french for us.

It's a real pleasure to use these utilities.

But if is it necessary, I will write to you about the possible french version.

Don't worry, one knows all work that requires.

Congratulations for this great and free software for PTE !

Michel

I know that in an earlier post you provided a French translation of MultiShow's English text labels but the basic skin and layout has changed in Version 2.0.

The basic skin and layout is here:

MultiShow Skin Version 2.0

If you "right click" on the skin you can "save the picture as" and download.

Please study the layout very closely and see if you can determine a practical French Translation of all the text that might fit in the existing button size arrangement. It appears that the long buttons might accept up to 22 characters and the short width buttons around 11-12 characters. The text size could be reduced but still must be easily readable.

You can either email me your translation or post in the forum.

If you post in the forum please post here:

MultiShow Skin & Interface Design

This is where I am trying to keep track of basic MultiShow skin change recommendations but not functionality issues.

Not sure what Granot's position is but I will consult with him concerning your posted translation. He is the brains behind the player and I'm just offering my assistance to him.

P.S. :

I downloaded your slideshow "Oxygen". What a very lovely show...a work of art...beautiful background music...with such beautiful and flowing imagery. Thanks for sharing in the forum.

ken

:rolleyes:

Well...I suggest this (I don't use the "é" for Granot and you).

Playlist Selection = Choix des listes

Playlist Controls = Boutons de fonction

DisplayAllShows on CD = Affichage des fichiers

DisplayCDPlaylists = Affichage des listes

LoadList = Ouvrir

SaveList= Enregistrer

Slideshow Controls = Diaporamas

Run Selected Shows = Choisir et lancer

Run All Shows = Tout lancer

Stop = Arrêt

Loop = Boucle

Install Screen Saver = Installer le Scr

Visit WebSite = Visiter le site web

About this CD = A propos du CD

Slideshow Information = Diaporama-Infos

Multishow PTE Player= Multishow PTE Player (the same is the better)

But, if others have also suggests...

Barry

Sure. Any of my utilities/programs that you want.

Can you send the CD or CDs which will include any of those ?

A link on your "Links" will be appreciated.

Robert

Thanks. I promise not to shout. Please find more things need fixing.

Severn Bore

Thanks. It was not so quickly. It took me 10 days for version 2 while version 1 was ready in few hours.

Haddock

Thanks. Me too I think some info in the "About" will do but making a French version option is not void yet.

Michel

Thanks. If Ken will make the French buttons I will try to make a French version. Please remember to translate also all the inside messages. Huuummmm... this is a bit of a problem since many hidden messages will pop up only if mistake is done by creatore or user. So I will have to send you all messages. And, there are some symbols in French which I don't have (I think). And don't forget the "REadme" file. Well, I can try.

Check your messages.

All members

Thank you all and please... how it works ? ... any bugs ?

Michel:

Thanks for the prompt response:

I will try to put the text on the buttons this afternoon...and post a skin for you to look at and approve this evening. At present, my wife has me lined up with several outside chores...but we shall see.

Of course...need your approval also Granot....

...............later

ken

:blink:

Guest Techman1

Haddock,

Maybe you should leave your political comments to another forum and not this one. Being from Texas myself, I personally take offense to your comment and would prefer to not see it here on this "almost always friendly" forum.

Here's your comment,

May be when the moron is send back home, texans'll stop bashing their allies and hope is restored... around the world!

I'm sure everyone wants hope restored around the world and certainly the families with troops around the world would greatly prefer to have their children back home with them. I hope you'll be more sensitive in the future.

Thanks for your future consideration.

Fred

Michel & Granot:

Have A Look:

French MultiShow

French MultiShow with Active STOP and LOOP

When you both concur I will package up and Email to Granot. Please post any changes I need to make either here or email me....standing by.

Hey....I have a feeling somebody might be trying to "pick on me" in this thread just because I'm from Texas. I like anybody with "good heart"...French...Asian...Muslim...Catholic...Christian...Jew...Black...Red..Yellow...and even Green.....all races, nationalities, & religions.....and also Texans.

Ken,

fast work ! It would be possible to decrease the size of the letters on the buttons, a little ?

By example, just a level ?

I think it would be better for the eyes !

I know that requires work.

For the comment, I agree with you ;) ! You are right.

Greetings from France and thanks again. I will send to Granot the french help text.

Michel:

I'll reduce the characters to 90% of what I posted...it looks pretty good...but I'm not real happy with the clarity of the fonts produced by my graphics software(Paint Shop Pro 8)...I've got PhotoShop 7 but it is too unfriendly...

Anway I'll reduce size and send to Granot...I'm hoping that if MultiShow catches on that someone more skilled in graphics will assist Granot in this area...that's one reason I started my Skins thread hoping that an expert would participate...

ken

Sam has notices that the display of the show is by their file name, comparing to "MultiCD" (another of my utilities) which displays the title of shows.

I think one way to overcome this is to rename your exe file as the tilte of show: example: "My Garden.exe". I don't like spaces in names so you can try something like "My_Garden.exe". Remember that when select a file the text about it will appear so this is only in addition.

If you try it without space between words, please let me know how it works so I can add this to "Readme" file.

Thank you

Granot

and would prefer to not see it here on this "almost always friendly" forum.

I agree with all your comment, Fred. :(:(

Hello Boxig

Thank you very much for your latest baby !

This utility is a very interesting one.

A enormous thank you for all your work and all you've done for the community !

I use regularily numerous of your little software... what a pleasure ... and what a pity ! ... I am afraid never have thanked you :unsure:

A great BRAVO Boxig

Patrick

Thanks to Michel who noticed that after you click on "Display CD playlist" button you can not use the "Display all shows on CD" again. This was my wrong assumption that user will choose from predefined lists of shows, which will include also a list of all shows among the lists. So I fixed it now on version 2.0.0.2 and "Display all shows on CD" will work all time. The French version was uploaded too (which will be announced soon by Michel for download from his web site.)

Also to let you know of the soon coming of "MultiShow Tool".

This separate application will generate all files you need to use "MultiShow".

Drag all your shows (exe files) and drop them in the main window.

Arrange your shows in the order you want. Then continue and create your TXT, ORD and INI files.

Than the tool will create for you a folder called "BurnMyFiles" with all the files you need for"MultiShow" utility, including a copy of the utility itself. In this folder it will create also a folder called "Shows" as needed, with all your shows copied in it. It will use the files you have just created. "BurnMyFiles" folder will be created in the folder where the Tool is. To make your CD, just burn the content of this folder as it is (the content not the folder). You can run "MultiShow" directly from the tool to test your project.

I hope ken will contribute by making a nice graphice ;)