WnSoft Forums

"Run application after last slide"

JRR

Love the "Run application after last slide", BUT on the basis of currently working with three shows, done by different people, to have them run back to back, we decided it would be nice if the "Run application after last slide" function would work when in PREVIEW mode.

That would permit you to make changes to the preceeding show's ending slides/music etc, run it in preview mode and check the smoothness etc on the next show starting, without having to run the full preceeding show via the .exe file. Much faster (and less boring ;);) )

We tried the full screen PREVIEW as well as the TIME LINE synch preview, neither kicked started the next show.

There is a small technical problem to realize it in Preview mode. Curent work of Preview gives maximally possible fast work of Preview exactly as in EXE file.

By the way, you can press Ctrl+F9. It creates an EXE file (as "Create" button) and then automatically runs it. It should helps in this case!

Igor, the way I understand JRR's concern is that the shows you want to link might mean a very long wait for the first show to reach the last slide. The need is for the Preview that starts with a slide near the end, so that the link to the next show can be tested. The problem is not serious if the first show is only a short introduction, but if the first show is 30 minutes long, the problem is serious.

Until, that problem can be solved, the only suggestion I would have Jim, is maybe to use temporary objects, during testing, to jump to near end of show . You have probably already tried that?

Bob:

You understand the issue correctly, I think Igor does, but his work around does not rteally solve the problem in the interim.

Your idea of using an OBJECT is another choice (that I did not think of) of synthsizing it. It would not really show how it would work in the real presentation though as it would be a manual interaction - but it would be close.

Thanks

Your idea of using an OBJECT is another choice (that I did not think of) of synthsizing it. It would not really show how it would work in the real presentation though as it would be a manual interaction - but it would be close.

Thanks

Now, maybe I am confusing -

I don't mean for the object to start the next show. I just mean for the object to allow you to jump to a slide very near the end of the first show. Then the interaction of the two shows would be without human intervention. The "object" would only be in a "Create as" .exe which you would play normally but it would be a very short time required to see the interaction between your shows.

Hi All,

I think the use of the word object is causing confusion here. What i would do is create a show for the last 4 slides from each show and also for the first 4 slides for each. You would then have "start A,B or C" and "end A,B or C". (6 mini shows) you could then play each against the other till you found the mix you liked. Also have a search in the forum for the use of buttons to launch shows. It is not what you are after but another option,

Alan

Bob (Lumenlux):

Sorry I was so slow... (Alrobin had to clue me in via phone, but I see you posted a clarification for me the thick headed person.)

Yes your option is a good work around in the interim.

Alan Lyons:

Your idea has merit too, but in this case we were trying to fine tune the music and images in show one that lead into show two and we needed the "real" show one ending to make sure we had it right.

Thanks guys !