WnSoft Forums

Ken Burns effect

canico

One last question (for today).  In the main view that shows all of the photos or videos that will be used, there are little filmstrip indicators to show that the clip is a video rather than a jpg.  But the Slides or Timeline view does not do so.  It there some option to clearly distinguish between jpg's and videos in those views?

image.png.c579ebf9a80c90f67878df50b11d077d.png

I think if the main object (1) of the slide is a video it would display the filename and extension on the bottom of the screen *if* you have it enabled to display under  Preferences, Toolbars, File name. Also you could right click on the slide and select file info (ctl + i) for file type. You could also select a slide and press the space bar to see if a video plays. Many options to choose from. Probably other methods that I can't remember.

Tom

As Tom says, you can use Preferences->Toolbars, and tick Filename under the Status Bar settings. When you are working on your project, the status bar will display at the bottom of the screen and indicate whether the file is mp4, jpg etc etc.

Customising all the toolbars is very flexible, with many options, and that is why you may think "My screen doesn't look like that" when you are watching various tutorials on PT AV Studio!

Regards

wideangle

I realize about the file name and type appearing on the status bar but this does not quite satisfy what I need but let me be clearer why.  Let's say I have a strip of 100 "slides" in the timeline and they are mostly jpg with a few mp4 thrown in here and there.  And then I want to select the slide duration in the Slides view so that all of the jpg images are say 8 seconds, for example.  If I select everything in the strip and enter 8 second for the duration, that will also apply to the mp4 slides (at least this is what happens with the practice strip I am playing around with).  So the next solution is to select everything and then move through the strip and UNselect the mp4 slides.  It would me MUCH easier and quicker to do this is the mp4 slides showed up like a filmstrip as shown in my post above.  That would make it much easier to select only the jpg slides and skip over any mp4 sides.  Does what I am asking for make sense?  Basically something to make the slide in the timeline or slide view stand out more and be easily identifiable as an mp4.  Seems to me it should be an easy programming thing.

Hey Tom--good idea I posted it in that section.  The program I was using for many years (MOTV) automatically had this feature which made it very easy to distinguish between jpg images and videos.  Even if there were some different colored border that showed up around the video slides this would be a plus.  That being said I have to imagine other folks here have dealt with situations where they just want to make tweaks to jpg's and not videos and I wonder what shortcuts they came up with?