WnSoft Forums

"Pablo the Picasso"

rosy

Well, the sun finally shone today. We had changed our car earlier in the week, the previous one was getting a little tired, so that was the subject for a show using the Panasonic DCG100 & grip. The show is a mixture of Citroen's publicity pictures & stills & video from the camera, all hand held I must add. It's been uploaded to Mediafire which I haven't used recently. The link is-

Enjoy Rosy.

Later, now I know why I haven't used Mediafire recently, back later.

Sorry, having trouble uploading the show, in the meantime a few pics from the show.

mxrnq51xyjnw0h6xxl1g.jpeg

p18.jpg

p19.jpg

pablo-picasso-richard-day.jpg

ppic7.jpg

Nice looking car. I think Vimeo videos are higher quality than YouTube.

80+ mpg is really good fuel economy. My full size Ram pickup truck has a 5.7L V8 hemi engine that can switch to V4 on the freeway but only gets about 25 mpg (11.3 L/100km). Not many brick houses in California due to earthquakes. New houses in California must have solar panels and an electric charging station for cars. Some tech companies are leaving California for Texas (no state sales tax and cheaper housing) but now finding out that Texas has a poor power grid during the recent cold spell.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom

I think Citroen had their tongues in their cheeks when they made that claim. I seem to remember from my trips to the US the Ram was a Dodge? Their panel vans were everywhere the first time I went. The UK is supposed to be stopping selling cars with internal combustion engines in the future. I hope they've got their sums right when they say the world will be a better place without I.C.

Rosy.

They used to be called Dodge Ram now it's just Ram. I guess both Dodge/Ram and Citroen are owned by the same company now. Tesla is probably the most popular electric car in California. My wife drives a Subaru. Hardly anybody in the US drives a car with a manual transmission.

Stellantis is the new corporation formed from the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Peugeot S.A. merger. The name is explained as being rooted in the Latin verb “stello” meaning “to brighten with stars.” The FCA brands sold in the U.S. are now under Stellantis: Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Maserati, and Ram. Overseas, Citroen, DS Automobiles, Opel, Peugeot, and Vauxhall are among the other Stellantis car brands.

Hi Tom

All the major manufacturers in the UK such as Jaguar  / Land Rover are switching to electric production. Before I bought the Picasso, I looked at the new Citroen Ami  Ami & the Renault  Twizy which looks a really fun car to drive. The Citroen isn't available in the UK yet, but I'm sure it will go down big if it comes with RHD & it was in my budget. After looking at the YT reviews I decided it was too big a switch (no pun intended^_^ami

Rosy.