WnSoft Forums

Cap de Quer

ronwil

Je ne comprends la (ou le) francais intro but what followed was truly delightful and I will play it back again and again. Thank you whoever the author may be. Merci, c'est tres bien. :D

Ron [uK]

This 'Cap de Quer' presentation is interesting in that it is full of mist, mystery and soft atmosphere, instead of all the (too) vivid colours that we have to see nowadays.

The text (in French) isn't that important as it is rather an introduction into this 'unknown' valley in the deep South Frane (Pyreneans Mountains) but the images speak for themselves; the song/music fits very well with the pictures which are of a good quality, and very smooth dissolves. It's short but very meanigful.

Altogether, it is a very pleasant and original show.

As I enjoyed the presentation, I got in touch with the author (whom I didn't know) and he told me that he was working on a new - improved - version; its new title should be "The secret of Cap de Quer" - look for it on Beechbrook Cottage !

Thanks Gérard for explaining about the text. This will now make my further viewing of the sequence even more enjoyable and help in my introduction when I show it to members of Sutton Camera Club AV Group ( I trust the author will have no objection). I look forward with great anticipation to the further version which you have forecast.

Ron [uK]

Merci Jacques

I can and I will wait for 'Le secret de Cap de Quer'

Ron [uK]

Hello,

Here a test of translation of the text of Cape de Quer. Can

you say me if it is correct, and make corrections.

thank you.

The secret of Cap de Quer

Si un jour tu arrives au bout du monde, à la dernière habitation perdue au fond de la vallée la plus profonde, cherche bien. Tu y trouveras encore, peut-être obstrué par quelques herbes folles, un petit sentier accroché au flanc de la vallée, et qui monte, qui monte … Alors vas-y, abandonne ici tous tes bagages, tes problèmes, toutes tes notions de civilisation moderne, et grimpe jusqu’aux nuages, sans te retourner.

If one day you arrive at the end of the world, to the very last home lost at the end of the deepest valley, seek well. You will still find there, perhaps hiden by some thick grass, a small track raising on the side of the valley, and which goes up, goes up... Then go ahead, get rid of any luggage, any problems, and all your concepts of modern civilization, and climb up to the clouds, without turning over.

Tu pénétreras petit à petit dans un autre monde, un autre temps. Tout enveloppé de brumes pour le cacher aux yeux des rares promeneurs, dans son manteau de coton qui le préserve du temps qui passe, majestueux et mystérieux, c’est le Cap de Quer !

You will get gradually in another world, another time. All wrapped in the mist, hided to the eyes of unlikely walkers, in its cotton coat which saves it from vanishing time , impressive and mysterious, it is the Cape de Quer!

Ici, il ne faut pas déranger l’âme des chevriers, qui depuis des siècles sont venus faire pâturer leurs bêtes dans l’herbe grasse de la montagne. Perdu sur cet éperon rocheux, tu entendras peut-être encore le son des clarines de leurs chèvres qui hante la vallée, ou même, si tu es plus attentif, te viendra-t-il en tête une de ces histoires, joyeuse ou tragique, mais toujours magnifique, qui se racontait dans les abris, les soirs de veillée.

Mais … chut, c’est le secret de Cap de Quer ...

Merci à Max et Régine d’avoir su conserver cet îlot d’éternité, et de le faire partager aux amoureux de la montagne, de la nature et de la paix.

Here, one should not disturb the spirit of the goarherds, who for centuries had their cattle grazing in the meadows of the mountain. Perhaps, lonely on one of these rocky spikes, you will still hear the sound of the bells of their goats which haunts the valley, or even, if you are more attentive, will come into your mind one of these stories, merry or tragic, but always marvellous, which used to be told in the refuges at evening.

But... chut, it is the mystery of Cape de Quer...

Thank you Max and Régine for having preserved this small island of eternity, and to share it with the lovers of mountain, nature and peace.

Jacques

I hope that others more expert than me, whose final learning of the French language ended with my Oxford School Certificate examinations in 1937. However, I can see for instance that a translation of "Tu pénétreras petit à petit dans un autre monde, un autre temps" would be "Little by little you will enter another world, another time"

Bon chance

Ron [uK]

:D Thanks for posting the new version & supplying the background information. I enjoyed it very much - it reminded me of what I love about being in the Yorkshire Dales or the Lake District. I guess this kind of response must be pretty common in your country too.

As I was already very positive about the first version, I have to say that this one is almost perfect !

(why 'almost' ? just because the author should be encouraged to work harder and produce new shows of this quality! :D )

The new text, in particular, is good and very well interpreted - even if you don't understand French, I'm sure that you will be sensitive to the voice and that you can feel the mood created). Some pictures have been changed and this is good !

Thank you :)

I enjoyed this show too - as I did the original version. In view of the thread on creativity running elsewhere on this forum, it is interesting to compare the two versions to see what lessons might be learned from the changes.

Thank you very much for posting this lovely show.