WnSoft Forums

Error in my uploaded show

onbelaydave

I just created and uploaded my first presentation but when I download it and try to run it I get "Exception EListError in module Cali.exe at 00073A1C. List index out of bounds(0)" . I've tried deleating the file and re-uploading it but continue to get the same error message. Any ideas ? I'm using my online storage at Comcast if it makes any difference.

Hi, onbelaydave,

Welcome to the Forum! I presume the same version of the show on your pc's hard drive runs OK before you upload and then download it? At what point in trying to run the download version do you receive the error? It could be that there is not enough memory to run it properly. Have you tried closing down all other programs running in the background and then trying to run the show?

Would it be possible for you to send me the address of the web site so I can try it out on my pc?

Hi onbelaydave,

I note you are 'uploading' to Comcast.

What size is your 'Show' in megabytes ?

What size is the 'Comcast Storage' allowance in megabytes ?

Many of these 'Host Server Companies' allocate miserable storage allowance

for outrageous 'Annual Rents' -

Check this out - before you pull any more hair out. It could be your problem ?

Brian.Conflow.

Hello onbelaydave, also a warm welcome.

As Conflow / Brian has replied it does defiantly seems to be an over your limit file upload to your web server.

My server allows me a 10 meg web site, as a check I did upload a .exe file that was 13 meg.

It will reside on the page however not complete.

When downloaded which I did and run the show, I also get the same message.

"Exception EListError in module filename.exe at 00073A1C. List index out of bounds(0)"

Got it figured out ! It was Comcast's HTTP uploader. An exe. file has to be uploaded in binary . I was using Comcast's "Upload Your files Here" button and the coding was getting screwed up. (Thanks to Larry of Allenhost.com for figuring out what the problem was !) As soon as I tried it through an FTP it was fine. BTW, Comcast allows 25MB and the exe. file was only 15.5 so I knew that wasn't the problem. Thanks for the suggestions though !

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that Comcast includes a specified amount of storage where a PTE show could be stored for downloading via a link on Beechbrook. Many of the shows dl'd from Beechbrook are actually just links on Beechbrook. This allows Bill to continue to host a greater number of shows than if all the download bandwidth was going against his account on his server.

When "Exception EListError in module Cali.exe at <...>. List index out of bounds(0)" message appears on starting of presentation it means that .exe file of slide-show is damaged. Incorrectly uploaded (in this case exe file of any program will not work) or infected by virus.

Just I've recently tracked last case, when slide-show didn't work and after my advice user checked up his PC by antivirus and he've found that it was totally infected by various viruses and even Windows XP didn't work rightly (themes of controls were drawn partially). After cleanning, all became OK.

Also if you see "File corrupted!" message on try of startup of PTE it means that apr.exe file is damaged. PicturesToExe will never work if some virus infects his apr.exe file.

• 1 year later...

For: JP.Kelley

"W.32 Licum" (Backdoor Virus) came out in June 2003 - It allows the Hacker to execute any Code of his choice on the target PC. Your PC may have become infected through a rogue Server. Its definition catagory is classed:-"Critical" because it can migrate from PC to PC.

The Virus 'attaches' its Code to various Exe's running on your PC (PTE included) and unfortunately in the cleaning process, various Exe.File elements may be damaged when removing the virus hook's.

Microsoft advised, and advised, and advised again about this Virus and "patched" their Operating Systems against it on 7 different occasions. It effects ALL Operating Systems except ME.

It looks to me as if you have not kept up to date with your Virus Definitions and System Upgrades and at this late stage a 'Registry Repairer' can not replace damaged/erased Exe.Program Code although your Operating System will have been repaired. You will have to re-install those Programs you find damaged.

Microsoft Technical Article Link:-

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/MS03-026.mspx.

Brian.Conflow.