WnSoft Forums

Is it possible to publish to DVD with a higher resolution than 720x480

Doozybird

I am fairly new to PTE-AV Studio. I have created a few videos and published as MP4 file. However, I may need to publish a video to DVD and the only option I see is using WnSoft Video Builder which creates a 720x480 resolution video. Is there an alternative to WnSoft that will produce a higher quality DVD or is there another way to do it?

I really love PTE-AV Studio and it has made my life easier in producing a High School Reunion video. For me, it is much easier to use than Movavi and Corel.

Thanks in advance.

davegee, thanks. That is my main plan and it has worked on the 4 TV's I have tried so far. However, I have a TV that will only let you view photos from a USB stick. It doesn't recognize the MP4 video. And the DVD player that is attached to it doesn't have an USB input. It's possible that if there were a Roku attached to the TV or a newer BR player, that it would work. I haven't tried that yet. I'm just working on a Plan B for those that just have an old, plain TV setup. I may just have to burn a low quality DVD for those that may have that setup. Thanks.

Some old TVs can play only 30p MP4 video. Try to create MP4 video with 30p option.

Usually we recommend to create 60p video because it provides better smoothness of animations when you play this video on a computer or TV. However many TVs have frame interpolation enhancer which converts 30p videos to 60p on the fly.

Alternatively you may try AVI video (1280 x 720, 30p) for this old TV. See the Publish menu in PTE AV Studio.

Most newer DVD and Blu-ray players upscale DVD video resolution to improve quality.

https://www.lifewire.com/standard-dvd-upscaling-vs-blu-ray-1846530

https://www.lifewire.com/types-of-discs-for-blu-ray-player-1846524

Tom