WnSoft Forums

Making an icon for a show

ChesapkLady

I have so enjoyed working with P2Exe, and the newest version is a dream! WOW! I gave a 90 minute seminar using it last month, and people couldn't understand how I had done it. There's so much FREEDOM!

What I've never done and can't figure out how to do is make an icon for my exe file FROM the file. I'm sure I'm missing something really simple and basic but I can't find the instructions anywhere. :huh:

Many thanks,

Peggy

I have just picked up on this thread and am curious about this 'icon' thingy.

Can somebody explain just what it is and how I would use it in PTE.

I followed the link back to the oringinal thread - http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...84&hl=icon+file

and read all the comments made there.

Alrobin was certain that photoshop could make these 'icons' and provided all that was required to obtain a plugin to be able to save the icon when made. I downloaded the plugin and now I am stuck! I tried cutting and pasting it into the Photoshop (CS) folder but still I was unable to save the file as *.ico because it simply did not appear in the 'save as' dialog box.

Clearly I am missing something here, can somebody help please?

Ron West

There is a plug in for Photoshop to create ico and favicon images.

Here is the link

Photoshop ICO Plugin

Ralvis,

That is the same plugin that I installed for Photoshop 7, and it works fine.

Ron, you should be able to enable the icon file "save as" capability in Photoshop by merely downloading the free ("donation-ware") plugin from the site Ralvis mentioned, unzipping it, and installing the resulting plugin, "icoformat.8bi", in the Photoshop "Plugins" folder.