WnSoft Forums

Slide Styles

aplman

I have never been happy with slide styles.  I soon found that applying a style to a slide rubed out my previus creative work on the slide.  I hoped that eventually there would be a complete redesign of styles.

Is this a good time to suggest that object styles should be considered?  Hopefully that would allow creative work on an object of any kind (e.g. frame, image,text)  to be independentent of other elements of a slide.

I see huge advantages for many users.  Igor, what do you think?

Ken T.

I'm a big user of styles for my projects, particularly projects for lectures.
In these projects, I use text objects a lot, and each time I want to change a style, I lost all my text objects.

Today, before aplying a new style, I have to duplicate the current view, and then I navigate between the old view and the one with the new style in order to reintegrate the text objects.

It would be nice to have an option "Keep text objects", just keeping existing text objects as children of a specific frame in the new view.
By this way, it would be easier to reintegrate the previous text objects, if needed, at the right place.

Hi,

In future versions (12.0) we plan to add multiple tracks with objects/slides. It means that you can apply styles to slides on one track and keep text comments on another track. It will be more universal and simple solution than adding special exceptions/rules for slide styles.