WnSoft Forums

Adding a slide loses synch?

rjm

Hi all,

Using the custom synchronization feature, I have created a slide show that works fine. However, if I try to add an additional slide, PTE does not recognize the added slide UNLESS I use the resync options (add arranged points or arrange points) which causes the program to rearrange the entire show.

Is there any way to add a new slide at the end of an existing show without losing the previous synch?

Thanks much for any help.

rjm

Hi RJM,

The only way I can think of would be to also add additional sound track time. You could add "silence" as the end portion of your mp3 or wav file. In other words, if your synched show originally has 25 slides at 4 seconds each, add your last slide for 4 seconds and remodel your sound track (with the silence) so it now lasts 104 seconds instead of 100 seconds. It seems the show should then "resync" with the original 100 sliides staying as they were.

RJM

Look at AL Robin's post

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...ct=ST&f=2&t=201

re Automated EXCEL routine. (Page two of the forum (as of Jan 26 1:15pm EST))

I think you will find you can do what you want using it.

You can e-mail Al if you are not sure.

Jim

Hi all,

you can add more slides to your already synced show by clicking on the time line after the last synched slide then sellecting add new transition.

This works because each time you use this option P2E sellects the next slide in your list. As the added slides have not been sellected before they wait in the slide list until called into the show. :)

Alan

rjm,

Just an addition to the good answers already provided. You are right, and as others have pointed out, you can't add new slides to a synched show and not disturb the present synch timing, if there is no room at the end of the timeline (this is usually, if not always, determined by the length of the music). So, you either have to rearrange the present synch timing, or lengthen the music.

PTE allows you to just drop in another piece of music in the list under the "music" tab of the "project options" menu, and this will automatically extend the timeline. It need not be actual music, but a piece of silence the appropriate length will do. Then, as Alan mentioned, you can click "new transition" to add any available slides to the show.

Unfortunately, my "Adjustor" spreadsheet model only works with images already on the timeline, and it cannot be used to add new images, only rearrange the times for images already present. (Maybe this would be a useful future addition??? :) )

Ciao,

Al

You can add a new transition by clicking anywhere on the timeline and then clicking the "new transition" button.

Of course, that may involve you moving other transition points to "make room" for the new slide. To move a transition point, just click on a transition point and move it to the left or right.

Harold