WnSoft Forums

Search in Forum not working...

goddi

Greetings,

I am trying to do a Search in the Form. After I place the topic and do the Search, it shows me at least 3 pages. When I click on the '2' page or 'Next', it says something like 'Wait 3 seconds for the next search'. So it is not allowing me to continue to the next page in the Search results.

Once it let me get to the second page, but then it, again, it drops me out when I try the third page, or Next.

Bug???

Gary

Greetings Igor,

Seems to be working a bit better. Getting more results. But still, if you do a Search and you receive multiple pages, we still get the 'Please wait 2 seconds before attempting another search". Sometimes it's 1 second, sometimes 4 seconds. So you can't go from page to page without having to pause in between pages. It thinks you are doing another Search.

Maybe resetting the search index will fix this quirk.

Gary

Gary,

I've adjusted the search flood control option. Earlier it was 20 seconds and now I set 10 seconds.

So if you go to the next page after 10 seconds, it will be show immediately without any warning. I think that 10 seconds should be enough because one page shows 25 results.

The search function affects to a performance of the server for other users. So we should keep reasonable timeout for a good performance of the server.