WnSoft Forums

Audio crossfade-Error [CLOSED]

goddi

Greetings,

Today, I opened a few old shows by just clicking the 'filename.pte' in my File Manager to open the show in PTE. I noticed that when I do this, the audio track where I have crossfades, the MP3 shows an error. If I close the show and then reopen it the same way, the error has disappeared.

I tested this out on 3 old programs. Same thing happened. Here is a screenshot:

PTE-Error-mp3.jpg.42085ec4164ac2d4728ae4d3d2a48f52.jpg

Gary

Hi Gary,

PTE AV Studio couldn't extract waveform for "04 LA..." MP3 file. Probably this audio file was locked by another app?

Or did you open two copies of PTE AV Studio or PicturesToExe at the same time?

I recommend to close all PTE copies and clear the cache of waveforms manually:

C:\Users\YourComputerName\AppData\Local\WnSoft-WaveCache 

Greetings Igor,

I deleted all the files in the WnSoft-WaveCache folder. I opened the .pte show again. But, it still showed 'error' in the mp3s. No other PTE show was opened.

But then I closed it, and later reopened it. It took a while showing 'wait..' with the mp3s and then all the mp3s showed up correctly with no 'errors'.

Is there a better way to avoid the 'error' in the mp3s? This has happened in several shows.

Here is what the mp3s looked like even after I cleared the WnSoft-WaveCache folder. (But look below and it happened again in another show.)

1564339198_PTEError3.thumb.jpg.0e807b4422441eabc89481276db7f26d.jpg

But...I just opened another old show and got a similar 'error' in the mp3. Then I closed it and reopened it and the 'errors' were not there.

It there something else going on?

947128524_PTEerror4.jpg.8a24537c764544d3dd8195b59f10d607.jpg

Gary

Gary,

Can you try the following:

Copy one MP3 file which causes this problem. Rename it and put to a new folder. Start a new project, add several images and this renamed MP3 file. Does it show correctly its waveform?

Send any project (old one, or a test project) where I can reproduce this issue. All files in a ZIP.

Greetings Igor,

As you suggested, I copied an mp3 file, renamed it, started a new project with several images and with this renamed mp3. Yes, it did show the waveform correctly. But, sometimes it does not and I close and re-open it and it then shows correctly.

I have zipped up a show that had shown this problem. Now, when open it, it shows the waveform correctly. So I can't recreate it every time. But it has happened to several shows. Here is the link (WeTransfer).

https://we.tl/t-YqWr8TY9Nd

I tried to zip a larger show, about 4 Gb, that had many more mp3s with 'error' but when I tested the zip, it said:

image.png.6ac61862a6bbc2311b12416e38de11ca.png

Is there a size limit with WinZip?

Gary Oddi

PS. I can 'Create Backup in Zip' of the larger show but neither WinZip or ZipWare will open it (4Gb+).

18 hours ago, goddi said:

I tried to zip a larger show, about 4 Gb, that had many more mp3s with 'error' but when I tested the zip, it said:

Is there a size limit with WinZip?

Gary Oddi

PS. I can 'Create Backup in Zip' of the larger show but neither WinZip or ZipWare will open it (4Gb+).

Gary, currently ZIP archive should be below 4 GB.

Gary, we cannot reproduce this problem with errors in waveforms.

I see that you sent me .pte project file saved in the latest version (10.5.7).

Can you send me original .pte file for this project?

Probably this issue occurs only when you open unmodified old .pte project saved in the old version?

Greetings Igor,

I just went through many of my older shows but I could not recreate the problem. I could not find any older .pte versions. The shows that had this problem were older shows so perhaps they were unmodified old .pte projects saved in the old version. So let's just leave it at that. Seems eventually I can clear up the errors in the mp3s. I don't have any earlier versions of PTE to work with.

Thanks for looking into it.

Gary

Greetings Igor,

All projects are on my local drive, Windows10.

I will give it a try but usually once it corrects itself, the problem does not reappear in that project. Maybe we should just let this one go and I'll just deal with the few that have had this happened. If it did not show with your trying to reproduce it, I probably won't on another of my PCs. But, I'll let you know.

Thanks... Gary

Greetings Igor,

I just tried the latest project on another PC. It did not show any mp3 errors in the Timeline. Let's just drop this issue since it seems to be something only happening with me and corrects itself, somehow.

Thanks... Gary

• Igor changed the title to Audio crossfade-Error [CLOSED]