WnSoft Forums

"Not a Good Start to 2022"

rosy

2022 has not been a good year in the Rosy Cheeks household, nor for the rest of the world.

Our "New Imperial" motorcycle went amiss & "IMPY" was returned. After much searching, we settled on a brand new Royal Enfield "Classic" 350cc & a new Inder sidecar both starting off in India. Then disaster struck again with a medical emergency, a stay in hospital & a complete re-think of our plans. Eventually, we decided on a less costly scheme which would stretch out to mid-summer if all went well. This show was to be called the Acquisition of Thumper, ( Thumper the rabbit from the Disney film) and the charicteristic sound of a 350cc Royal Enfield motorcycle. Rather than discard the preparation already made for the show, I've changed the end to suit the circumstances. Future plans revealed at the end.

Rosy:(

From Thumper to AJ!

6426358ac1ffa98e4078062edb3a3832.gif

09-halycon-black-768x512 2022.jpg

AJS Tempest Roadster 125_03.jpg

Hi Rosy,

This brings back old memories. In the 1960s my older brother was a mechanic in a foreign auto repair shop. He owned a very cute little Austin Healey bugeye Sprite that he painted bright yellow. He then upgraded to the faster Austin Healey 3000 he painted bright red with electric shift overdrive and also a BSA 441 Victor dirt bike. The bike was single cylinder and it was a real thumper. I think it had a compression release to make it easier to kick start. 

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom

We also had a frog eyed sprite in the late 60's. I can even remember the registration number 547MPH in Jaguar gun metal gray. twin side draft DCOE Weber carbs race tuned engine. Cost a fortune to put right.

Cheers Rosy.