WnSoft Forums

Making postcards in PTE Av Studio

Rosemary A

Thank you for trying to help jienense. Your method will get me one image on the background but I would like to have 3 or 4 images just like a postcard. I suspect it requires multiple masks which I haven't figured out how to achieve yet or if it is even possible in PTE Av Studio.

Rosemary

Thanks Dave. I have been able to get 3 images using masks. Can't figure out how to get a border around the insert pictures or some sort of a division. I am just surprised that this can't be easily achieved in PTE. Remember I am a novice but trying! My image editor has templates for postcard like images and I could use those but this is a challenge.

Rosemary

20 hours ago, jienense said:

... to create the border use the same mask that you have the copies and put it below and extend it to make the border ...

Your construction of an image with an oval border is a bit simpler than mine. You avoid the second mask container by using a copy of the standard mask (circle) as an image object. It actually works, and its clever, but on the other hand, it is an undocumented use of this kind of mask, and you cannot be sure that it will work in future versions of PTE. Good luck :)

15 hours ago, jt49 said:

and you cannot be sure that it will work in future versions of PTE.

I've only been with PTE for a short time, but I've worked with proshow and some others and with this form I've never had problems, thinking of it as just a solid, I don't see why in future versions it would have to cause problems since it's something so simple.

Excuse my English

A greeting

Javier

10 hours ago, Rosemary A said:

Now for a really basic question. How do I get the mask to show white? No matter how I try with the circular mask template I get a transparent circle. How do I get it white?

My recommendation: First, have a look Javier's video, and also at https://docs.pteavstudio.com/en-us/10.0/how_to_v9/mask

If there are further questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

In your case (when you see the transparent circle), in order to obtain a white (or colored) circle: Highlight "Mask Content" and insert a rectangle (top row, symbol to the right of "T"); choose Fill mode and Color(s).

1 hour ago, jienense said:

...  I don't see why in future versions it would have to cause problems since it's something so simple  ...  Excuse my English  ...

As I said, it is a clever idea. On the other hand, the object "Mask (Circle)" is an internal object of a mask construction. At present time, it nicely works outside (as an image object). If this will work in future versions, I don't know; perhaps Igor will know it :rolleyes:

No problem with your English, I am not a native speaker either.