WnSoft Forums

GAME bird JEU

Lloegyr

Sorry, I didn't understand it and deleted it from my system. Senility on my part no doubt.

Ron [uK]

Sorry, I didn't understand it and deleted it from my system. Senility on my part no doubt.

Very childlike. you just have to reconstruct the original picture by moving the picture tiles.

Jean-Pierre, absolutely astonishing what you did with PTE. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Incredible !!!!

What a piece of work !!!

Well I have downloaded it again and now realise how it works. A very clever little puzzle which I have yet to solve. It is like one side of the Rubik Cube which still lies unsolved in the dark recesses of a cupboard somewhere. Congratulations Jean-Pierre anyway.

Ron [uK]

For those who are interested, here are a few specifications concerning this particular slideshow.

This slideshow demonstrates PTE's ability of creating slideshows for help, professionnal, or others various purposes.

- In such a slideshow, it is the .pte text file wich takes the most important part of the exe file size and not, as in classical PTE slideshows, the total image files size.

- There are 737 slides, 720 of them beeing dedicated to the game itself

- 2 slides have 95 objects to have the choice beetween 95 combinations

- the number of possibilities to combinate the 6 picture tiles is 720 (1 X 2 X 4 X 5 X 6)

- 720 slides have 7 objects (1 frame and 6 parts of the whole picture)

- each slide have 2 or 3 objects that make use of the "Go to" function

- As this game is composed of 360 slides, the whole slideshow needs 2 games

- .pte text file needs 147 248 lines and weights 3 061 Kbytes

- the .pte text file was partly created with the help of Excel, mostly for the links management.

Here are few curiosities encountered during the creation phase :

- the size of the exe file depends on the name length of directories and files of the pictures and sound in the .pte text file

- the size of the exe file as seen on PTE's main screen was 663 KBytes but the "physical" exe file was 4 212 KBytes heavy

And now I am completely lost. Time to quit.

Ron [uK]

Thank you Jean-Pierre for the puzzle - and the explanation.

It is very interesting to me how you made it - not that I would be able to attempt it. I do have a friend I would like to test with it.

My next question - are there true puzzle fanatics that solve it? Is it "easy" for puzzlers who know how to systematically develop the solution?

Finally, maybe you have developed an encryption scheme that Igor can put into PTE for Photographers wanting to protect their work. :)

Bonjour,

Many thanks for your compliments, but the one who permit this work is Igor.

The PTE file of this work is on my page in order everybody see how it's done.

Finally, maybe you have developed an encryption scheme that Igor can put into PTE for Photographers wanting to protect their work

It's only with PTE I did it, nothing else !... PTE is really a great tool.

Jean-Pierre: That game is absolutely outstanding! I was showing a friend last night some of the things that can be done with PTE and used this as an example. Interesting thing is that whenever I tried to solve it, I gave up--while demonstrating PTE last night, I accidentally solved it!

Ron: Still have a Rubik's Cube gathering dust? You should get yourself the Rubik's Revenge, which is a 4x4x4 cube and the next one up, the name of which I forget, a 5x5x5 cube.

• 2 weeks later...
few curiosities encountered during the creation phase

The little bug about the size seen on PTE's main screen has been corrected in the last version 4.40 beta #3. The second point, the size of the file could be smaller in the future. Igor will perhaps work on this (compress the datas in the exe file). I can hope that the size of this game will become less than 1 Mo after Igor has work on it.

Monty,Feb 2 2005, 01:00 PM]    Jean-Pierre:   Interesting thing is that whenever I tried to solve it, I gave up--while demonstrating PTE last night, I accidentally solved it!

In similar fashion, I was unable to solve the puzzle at my first late night viewing. The next time I looked at it, it "fell into place" and I was even able to do it repeatedly. So you see Jean-Pierre, your puzzle is so clever it has already made me smarter. :D

• 3 weeks later...
The PTE file of this work is on digital-slideshow in order everybody see how it's done.

Hello Jean-Pierre

As I wanted to study, for personal purpose, your very astonishing game-slideshow Taquin, I tried to download your pte file and the whole work but I failed to do.

Is there a problem with this link or have I a problem with my Internet Explorer or connexion ? :(:(

Sorry,

Due to current internal problems of the digital-slideshow web site, this link is broken <_< .

You can again download the pte file and all the associated files at this new link. :)

• 3 years later...

I am demoralized by the behavior of certain persons who have take advantage of their administrator's possibilty to destroy in the past a post where I presented one of my slideshows.

As you can see initial post disappeared, the first message of the topic being an answer.

I thus puts back the link of the aslideshow :

Le jeu de taquin

• 2 years later...

Hi Coolrock,

You'll have to check the dates on these posts. Sadly, both Jean-Pierre and Ron have passed away since these were made a number of years ago....

Best regards,

Lin

Jean-Pierre for the puzzle - and the explanation.It is very interesting to me how you made it - not that I would be able to attempt it. I do have a friend I would like to test with it.