WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #4

Igor

What and where is TV safe zone? I have done a search and the only place where it is highlighted is in your recent post.

Scanning back Igor writes on February 24

speacock,

It's a very strange problem! Because I've added only "Show TV safe zone" option. I just sent you email with request about small testing

Ron [uK]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron

Take a look at the Object Editor window in v4.4betas 3/4 - top right checkbox.

Checking this adds a broken outline to the screen within which to add 'objects' which ought to be safe from being cut off when viewed on a TV - say on DVD.

Den (NE UK)

Tom,

The only time the customized values for "on-screen" image times are ignored is when you have "synchronize slideshow ..." checked in "Project Options".

In all other cases, if "Use own time preference" is checked in "Customize slide", the value in "Project Options" is ignored.

"Transition times" work slightly differently. Even if "synchronize slideshow ..." is checked, you can still set custom transition times by checking "Use own transition effect" in "Customize slide" and specifying a value.

Thanks Den for the information on the TV Safe Zone.

Ron [uK]

I have been trying to follow the discussion on customise settings, project setting, timeline settings and syncronise in the project options. Although I cannot get get my head around the discussion, I will have to experiment using some of the discussion threads, I spent about three hours on saturday trying to use the timeline and some of the other settings. If Ihad not saved the project on a very regular basis I would have lost my presentaion as things happened that I did not expect nor do I fully understand.

1. You have Synchronise to Music duration in project options plus slide show duration or neither checked, what is neither checked.

2. Use own time in Customize Slide.

3. The three options to the left on the time line.

Sometimes I would tick a box in the timeline and it would automatically revert to another state when re opened. I solved the problem but I cannot rememebr what I did nor understand what happened.

Personally I think linking the timeline to the music does not help, the timeline should be linked to the slide show and the music added. Yes I understand the need for, and would use, Synchronize to music. That would still be possible if the music duration could be (as is currently) known but to me logic links the timeline to the slide show and the music is appended to that. With this there would a lot less discussion about syncronization and more about timeing, adjusting timeing and transistions.

Sorry Tom, I do not know what you are talking about. In fact this whole thread as it relates to the timeline has got me completely bamboozled. I start my sequences in PTE with a basic template and build it up from there. I then wish to go to the Timeline and make further adjustments against the Waveform and sound. I don't want the programme to take over and reset all my Display times.

Ron [uK]

I agree with Ron, the whole purpose of this thread is to discuss the fundamental change to the operation of the timeline.

The change primarily being that Slides are now linked to transitions and whether we can work around this or not.

I am wondering if we start a thread running a simple poll to see if users prefer the "old" or "new" style of timeline?

To be honest I have thought of the saying "If its not broken why fix it?" many times in the course of the many discussions that have been presented about the new timeline behaviour.

Thanks for letting me know about so different opinions! It's difficult to answer and solve quickly, but I feel that timeline after such all-round

discussion will be the most optimal!

Marianne,

I've fixed this moment and this info will be shown (in beta #5) on the fly as earlier.

Jill,

Presently can't say about locked slides, maybe later. I've added this idea to my list. Thanks!

Integration of the timeline to the main window is a subject of future versions. Probably it can be realized later! We like this idea, but it's difficult to do right now.

In beta #5 "New transition" will does only inserting of a new transition point (as in previous version). (Currently when all points added it moves nearest point.)

For now I suggest the next ideas:

1) "Insert Slide" button in the timeline window.

It will show fullscreen file panel (as you press F3 key in the main window).

And when you selected one two new images you press "Insert" button and this fullscreen window will be closed. Now you move mouse to specify position on the timeline for inserting those new images.

2) "Replace image" action in popup menu (of time-line).

3) Maybe "Automatically add transition points for new slides" option.

So Andrew can disable this option and always all transition points will be added only manually.

Item (3) Igor, if I understand it correctly, should fit my needs, assuming that all my initial settings are basically "new slides". However, I will await Andrew's reaction as we appear to be on the same wavelength, but he should be asleep at this moment, unless he is a really early riser.

Ron [uK]

I have worked very intense with this beta for the last couple of days because I am making a show which should be finished next week. There is a matter I don't understand. Or maybe it's not working like it should ...

It's in the timeline. You can select several slides and when you rightclick there is an option set time of points. If I change the default 5000 in another number all my slides move but I don't see any order in it. And surely they don't move the amount of miliseconds I gave in. Can anyone explain that new function? I hoped it would change the transition time for a lot of slides in one time.

Furthermore I got several times a warning when I tried to preview from out of the timeline. The message said the program wasn't able to write to the C:\temp. Then when I clicked this message away and saved my work, everything worked as it should.

I am really very enthusiastic about this version because of the page curling effect. So using the old version is no longer an option.

Igor/Ron

I think your proposed enhancements are just what we have been asking for (especially no.3!)

What these changes will do is make the timeline "intuitive" which will greatly improve editing changes but at the same time provide flexibility for all users and their different styles (hopefully!).

Just can't wait to try out the next beta now!!

Thanks again for all your efforts Igor :)