WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #5

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #5 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,5 MB)

It contains new key features for the timeline.

What's new beta #5:

+ Improvements on the timeline:

> Added "Insert Slide" button. Now you can insert one or several new slides right on the timeline.

> Added "Replace Main Image" action in popup menu. (Click the right mouse button on a some transition point.)

> Added popup menu for the transition points(s).

> Added "Auto Adding of New Transition Points for New Slides" option. See "View" popup menu. (Disable it if you prefer fully control adding of new transition points.)

+ Added "Offset" parameter to "Comments" tab in the Project options.

+ Blocked potentially dangerous commands in "Run application" action.

+ Several minor improvements.

I have checked out two of the new features Igor - "Insert Slide" and "Replace Main Image" - and they worked perfectly. Thanks, they will prove very useful.

Ron [uK]

IGOR!!!!

What more could we want? The new enhancements are perfect!

This makes the timeline very "user friendly" to edit a show.

The popup menu on the Timeline Transition points is awesome!

Congratulations to you and your team as you have really "hit the nail on the head" with these enhancements.

Thanks again for all you efforts.

Thank You Igor

This is exactly what I wanted! :D:D:D

and I've had fun playing with changing the radius of the curling page today.

You're a great star!

Maureen

If you have not put your cursor on the time line and obtained a cursor point, ( blue triangle,) PTE does not know where you want to place your slide so will drop it in as the first slide.

When you first open the customize synchronization window your cursor point (blue triangle) is automatically at the beginning.

Move it where you want the slide to appear and it all works prefectly. :D

I hope this helps you. Good luck.

Maureen

Igor,

I really thought last week that the many problems and all the different requests for improvements to the timeline would take a huge amount of work, even if you could find a way to solve them to satisfy everyone.

And now this amazing new beta dealing with everyone's wishes and problems has been so quickly produced.

Amazing and astonishing!!

Very many congratulations.

Alan in UK

This new beta is GREAT :lol::lol::lol: I just used the Replace Main Slide feature to improve the show I've been working on this past week, and it was sooooo easy. I love these new enhancements. Great work!

Thanks so much, Igor! The new additions to the timeline work very well, and we can now do everything we used to be able to do and more! Even add an extra slide on the slide list without having to have a transition point for it. This allows for programming a button on the last slide to restart the show from the beginning in "synch" mode.

I love the ability to add a slide and a transition exactly where each is intended to be, by positioning the cursor on the timeline, clicking "add slide", and selecting the slide on the light-table. Very nice touch. You are the master! :):)

Ok, so we can prepare final release of v4.40 within a week or two (if no bugs more)?

Our new large task (we're already working on it) - new engine for slide-shows to provide Pan/Zoom effects, animations, etc.

I think before new version we will prepare v4.45 with possible updates and small new features.

new engine for slide-shows to provide Pan/Zoom effects, animations, etc.

Ladies and Gentlemen

a synchronized drum roll please

the fun and games are about to begin

Igor

you the man :rolleyes:

I can just about see ADB quivering in excitement :D

ken

Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about pan and zoom!

However we thought getting the timeline right was hard work I believe pan and zoom will provide even greater challenges for Igor and his team.

With Pan & Zoom we are moving in to the arena of demanding a lot from our graphics cards and systems and I think it's inevitable that slower systems may have to miss out, this will be a shame as PTE has been able to pretty much run on any configuration in the past, however with systems in general dropping in price I don't think this limatation should effect too many users.

There is another very popular slideshow program on the market (it starts with P...) it also offers PAN & ZOOM on exe shows but the movement is jerky and inconsistant. I hope in this regards Wnsoft carries on in its traditional "quality first" attitude. I would much rather have limited pan & zoom abilities that work really smoothly rather than very advanced features that look unprofessional when run in a show.

I dare say this forum will get a lot of views over the coming months ;)

Guest Techman1

Igor,

I'm excited and ready for the new Pan & Zoom along with the animations. I wish I had those capabilities currently as I'm creating a slideshow/film that has over 700 images. I'm currently bringing my slideshow AVI file from PTE into Premiere and doing the other effects there. I'm looking forward to the day when I can do almost (or all) in PTE only with these new enhancements that you are going to be rolling out soon.

Thank you again for all the great work and enhancements that you (and your team) put into PTE. This is a great product and only keeps getting better & better. Let me know if you need someone to pre-test the upcoming beta versions as I have several different machines (read that as slower) and OS's to preview on.

P.S. - The latest Beta runs rock solid for me!

Fred

...we're exploring now all technical questions to find better variant...

Hi Igor.

While you are working on the new engine, have you explored using an intelligent cache to preload later images that may have not enough time between transitions to successfully load at the correct time, while things are quiet between slow slide changes? This could eliminate the occasional glitch when playing the more demanding quick change sections of a sequence or when the files are larger than usual (as pan and zoom slides are likely to be) and give you more processing time for the more complex transitions.

Keep up the good work.

The new time line features are superb

Thanks