WnSoft Forums

Slideshow with "Synched" Transitions - Examples??

mhwarner

I see that so many of you are using the timeline and taking great care with soundtrack and transition synching. Most of the time I just find or create music tracks of the approximately correct duration and synch the show to the length of the soundtrack (mainly for lack of time to play with individual slide synching).

However, I would be really interested to see some examples of slideshows where you are using this technique (just to see what is possible and to give me some ideas). Does anybody have some publicly posted examples that they could point me to on Beechbrook or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Mary

I see that so many of you are using the timeline and taking great care with soundtrack and transition synching. Most of the time I just find or create music tracks of the approximately correct duration and synch the show to the length of the soundtrack (mainly for lack of time to play with individual slide synching).

However, I would be really interested to see some examples of slideshows where you are using this technique (just to see what is possible and to give me some ideas). Does anybody have some publicly posted examples that they could point me to on Beechbrook or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Mary

Hi mhwarner,

I am also interested in this topic since, before finding out about PTE, I was using Ulead Video studio 8 to prepare slide shows and burn them to a DVD disk. The problem I have with PTE is that I like to add commentary to some slides and when you add the music as a final step, it is sometime difficult to get the respective volumes of speech and music correct. so I prepare my show in Studio 8 first as this enables you to separately adjust the speech and music levels at any point in the show. Then I export the sound file and add this to the slide in PTE. This way I get a sound file which matches my slides and has the correct relative levels of speech and music.

Hello JEvans,

interesting concept of using Studio 8 and then transferring to PTE. I would be interested in knowing more about this technique. Do you have any slide shows to share. that will demonstrate what you do?

Ron West