WnSoft Forums

Problems Trimming & Converting Video Clips

rosy

We're putting a new show together composed of home produced clips & stills & screen caputure clips from Youtube using Camtasia. I've done this 100 times before but am having problems with the process now.

Basically we select a video from Youtube, capture it as an MP4 with Camtasia, trim & convert it in PTE. What is happening, the trimmed clip doesn't appear but the original one does. The original clip is 3.25m & the trimmed clip should be arouns 3.08m.  The trimmed clip shows the correct length in the shows folder, but not in the show files. See attached screen shots.

Rosy:wacko::wacko::wacko:

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

Is your intended output (Published) an EXE or an MP4?

If MP4 you do not need to Convert. Do your Trimming in O&A (Adjust Time Range) and adjust the Slide Duration to suit.

OR

Use Right click in Timeline and "Trim Beginning of Video", then drag the beginning of the next slide to adjust the end of the clip.

DG

1 hour ago, davegee said:

Is your intended output (Published) an EXE or an MP4?

If MP4 you do not need to Convert. Do your Trimming in O&A (Adjust Time Range) and adjust the Slide Duration to suit.

OR

Use Right click in Timeline and "Trim Beginning of Video", then drag the beginning of the next slide to adjust the end of the clip.

DG

Thanks Dave got that, my final version will be an MP4 on Youtube. So has something changed from how things used to operate, eg dragging the triangles to where you want the start & finish points? If I do as you say, what happens to the original clip, can I still use other parts of the original?

Rosy.

Been thinking about what Dave suggested, one of the reasons for using the video converter as I did originally, was, it usually reduced the file size of the clip. Most of my stuff contains over 50% video clips & exceeds 10 minutes run time. Does this now mean by not converting, my shows be much larger, also if nothing has changed why was I getting the problem described in my original post when using the converter.:wacko:

Rosy..

I'm afraid we still aren't getting this.

Just videod a 7 minute clip with the intention of cutting out the dross & using 3 clips which I want to overlay onto another separate master clip. First I tried the original conversion/trim method for the first clip, this worked, then tried adding the new original master to the end of the slide list, taking it into the O&A screen & trimming out a second 90 second clip. When I had done this the trimmed clip (3) was grayed out in the file list & shows as a thumb nail in the show folder. When played it starts from the begining of the master clip, not the trim start, as happened in my original post, not at the new trim start 3 minutes into the master clip. Have attached S/Shots of the problem.

Trim 3 (2).jpg

trim 3 .jpg

This morning, went back to basics, cleared the clips we had converted, which we think were causing causing the programme to jam someway. ( I wasn't able to alter opacity & some other items.) So we shut down, re-started the PC & managed to put together a show. It wasn't as complicated as I wanted, but patience prevented us from attempting any further modifications.

Some may be wondering how we made the tour of the estate video. We bought a suction mount from Ebay & attached it to the bonnet of the car & fed an extension to the camera tripod mout through the side window. "In Cromwell's Footsteps" is in the new shows thread.

Rosy.

suction mount.jpg