WnSoft Forums

Text editor

Igor

Bigbert,

I agree that text editor should be improved in PicturesToExe and we're continiously working on the program. Currently we're creating new graphical engine and after this we plan fully rework Visual editor of objects.

But, it's very unpleasant to say about this here, a member of the forum may not use bad words in caption of topic and the text of the messages. Also topic and its message should not incite/provoke other members. It's incorrect and not suitable at all. Next time such member account will be deleted.

This theme is closed.

Hi Igor,

I also agree with the two previous Post's - well said Igor, and I fully second your Posted resolution.

Concerning the Text Editor:- I appreciate that it has limitations, however I find it more than adequate to do

the job it was designed to, namely:- Insert Titles & Captions on Slides !

More that that may require a 'Mini Word Processor' - then some question's must be asked,viz:-

a)...Is this really a 'major requirement' in all future versions of PTE ?

B)...Is this 're-development' really necessary, in the first instance ?

c)...Should it be intergrated into a fully 'Operational & Working Program' which took years to develop ?

d)...Would it not be better to offer this as an 'Optional Plug-In' to the PTE Program and 'side-step' the risks involved ?

If option (d) above was adopted it would have mayor advantages to all concerned,viz:-

1)...Less 'Re-Developments' risks to a very fine Program enjoyed by hundreds of users.

2)...It would provides a choice to those who want such a 'Text Editor' and those who are happy with things as they are.

3)...It would not 'impact' on those who already use other means of 'Text Editing' such as myself.

4)...In this way the PTE Program could forge ahead to PTE V-5.0 without hinderance !

To me this 'suggestion' would appear to satisfy everybodys' demands without compromising the existing PTE Program.

Regards to all,

Brian.Conflow.

I'll vote for the Text Editor plug-in, although, I find I can do everything I need at present on text - font, size, color, position - isn't that what text editors do? The only major change would be a Powerpoint type of approach for custom animation, etc., but that's a different purpose.

Bill

Since I found out you can insert text within the object editor, I have no problems with the current text editor. I agree with DaveG. Spend time on more important changes.

Howard

To:- Tom95521

Tom some time ago I had a similar problem as your's - initially I thought it was the fault of the the PTE Text Editor - I was wrong.

I had a chat with people in 'Logic Image Ireland' (Pro.Web Designers) and found out that in my case I was going about things the wrong way. When working in HTML one should never save Text Objects as Jpegs for the reason that you are 'double compressing' the Jpeg when you use...Save As.. for the reason that this function 're-writes' the File as a replacement of the origional. The simple 'Save' command is better but still - erosion takes place with too many Saves.

Apparently the 'lossy compression' of Jpegs starts to 'erode' the sharpness of 'Text edges' when 'Save As' is used more than twice.

This was forceably demonstrated to me by the Graphics Man when he worked in GIF's and then compared the same task in JPeg's. The difference was immediately obvious -

So now these days I edit in 'GIFs' and convert to JPeg's for the PTE Presentation.

This might be helpful to you -

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Tom,

I had a look at the 2 Example you sent - yep, thats 'JPeg erosion effect' - and yes again it has varying degrees of erosion depending on 'Text Font & Attributes' selected - I found that out the hard way.

Another way of seeing the effect is against a 'pale buff/yellow background' - in this case after ...Save As...you will notice a distinct watery 'smear' around the Text and should you 'Save A' a few times you you will see a 'broken echo' of the over written file behind the new Jpeg Image.

In my case I was advised to use 'Verdana Font' which is designed for HTML and only use Arial for simple script without 'Bolding'. Another good one is MS Serif and MS Sans Serif but in all cases it only alleviates the problem not cure it.

I'm afraid the problem is generic with JPeg (part and parcel of what it is) - There is a way around it but you have to use a "Lossless JPeg Editor" which can be had from www.snapfiles.com- type in JPeg Editors.

TECH TIPS

1)

Personally I find that GIF Editing has none of these problems and its a simple matter of 'Batch Converting' all the edited Gif's back to JPeg Format in one fell swoop - (Bypassing...Save As)

2)

By the way PTE has no problems with handling 'Edited Gif Images' interspersed within the Show, you may like to try that.

3)

Another feature is using a 'Gif Transparency' over the origional Image, simply 'Clk' the transparancy box before you..Save As. This only works with external Editors.

4)

To create 'Compacted Shows' you can use Gif's and then pass them thro' a 'Gif Optimiser' where after the Show is typically reduced up to 40% of its origional size without loss of quality. Great for HTML -

Brian.Conflow