WnSoft Forums

Adobe has purchased Macromedia

Ken Cox

Hi Ken,

That doesn't surprise me - competition between those two has been fierce - on one hand Adobe is the

biggest 'Photo Media & Photo-Text Media' supplier in the World - On the other hand Flash-Macromedia is

the 'de-facto' World supplier of 'Web Designer and Animation Tools' such as their Dreamweaver Products

which are truly stunning.

Following close on their heel's is Microsoft with their new program system '.NET Framework' and a bevy of

programs such as their 'Anti-Spyware Beta1.1 Program' and the newest in the stable 'Paint Net 2' - a joint

development with Washington State University, its the poor mans' version of Adobe Photoshop and its good ?

Wait till you see who's using the .NET Framework:-NASA,Honeywell,Volkswagen,Tesco, SAS Airlines and some of the largest Banks in the World...Thats good enough for me !

I've been using it for the past 3 weeks, and now 'the shock' its free download from Microsoft for '98-XP-2000.

Brian.Conflow.

Ronniebootwest

If a Camera club has 30 users of Photoshop, you may find 5 if you are lucky who bought it.

Often none of them have.

I suppose that could be an argument for keeping the prices up, then again they could come up with a consumer version of Photoshop, for £50.

They do and its called Elements 3

I recall paying the price of Photoshop for just an enlarger, let alone all the other junk needed.

Its worth every penny

BB

:)

NET FRAMEWORK - INTRODUCTION

Background

Because of the proliferation of 'Hackers' and 'Malicious Script Writers' and the never ending litany of downright malicious persons using the Web for illegal purposes and the recent rise of 'deliberate attacks' against Institutions & Joe Public - something had to be done !

The U.S Congress and the E.C got together and brought out the 'Concord Agreement' against Media Piracy and Hackers who now face 20 years Jail if caught - in truth the World has woken up to the fact that we are now in the era of 'Media Terrorism' which does more damage than any bomb or gun.

In answer to these problems and MS.vulnerabilities...Microsoft have adapted a 'Commercial Software Process' know as .NET FRAMEWORK.

What is Net Framework - An Analogy

Microsoft and others have written millions of small 'Software Utilities' - each has a specific task function and when combined together they become a program such as: Word - Excel - Access. There is an inherent flaw in this modular approach in that each module has a different communication protocol in order for all to work.

If we put 10,000 Modules on the Workbench and look at them as 'LEGGO BLOCKS' each of which has 6 sides - Now we run them through a 'SuperComputer' and ask it to make a special 'Key' for each of the 6 sides.....We now have 'LEGGO SOFTWARE MODULES' where each Unit has an Identity Code and Standardised compatibility, somewhat like ISO9000. (Of course there is much more to it)

The Advantages

*..It makes the PC run much smoother and faster using minimum Ram Memory Resources with Auto-Virtual Memory.

*..It offers extreme Program Stability with New.NET Programs and firms up Old Programs against bugs.

*..It offers a 'Library of Standard Tools' to Software Designers making their Products stable and cheaper.

*..It checks all Software whether its resident or imported - if its O.K its auto-registered on the PC.

*..It gives 'Advance Warnings' if something is outside the Registered Specifications.(See below)

*..It does not interfer with 'Running Processes'..it mearly pauses them while it checks...about 2/3 secs.

*..Its virtually impossible for a 'Hacker' to gain entry to these modules because the...Size,Format, Program Code, and Interconnectivity are ~FIXTURES~ and any intrusion would change that and trigger a response from the new Microsoft A/V Beta 1.0 Program.

Summary

Having used the system for the past month - I have found it excellent. The spin off benefits are immense - PTE runs much smoother and the Paint.NET Program is really good - Programs work much better with 'Less Crashes' and when you get an advanced 'Hi-Jack Attack' which usually destroys the PC you can remedy it with a combination of:-

*..Microsoft A/V Beta 1.0 (Brilliant 'Live On-Line' Scanner)

*..Norton Anti-Virus (whose files it uses)

*..SpyBot (Seek & Destroy)..The Killer.

AND

*..You have direct 'Auto-Responder' access to the 'Microsoft Checkers Computers' and the new 'SpyNet Community Database'

There you have it, its well worth getting 'geared-up' and getting on top of these Parasites and enjoying the future dimensions in 'Standardised Software'

More Data From:- www.microsoft.com/net

Hope this is usefull,

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Fromatoz

Your Post No: 28

Welcome again to the Forum,

Had you read the preceeding Post to mine you would have seen a request...to explain .NET Framework.

The reason for that request is quite simple. Now, I ask you what use is an explaination of a Process without the background which brought it into being by sheer necessity ?

There are many members on this Forum who 'export' their PTE Presentations across the World(free gratis) and indeed there are many others who wish to enhance a very good program, namely PTE. These endevours entail an element of 'hi-risk' and anything that minimises that risk by any contribution from any member is worthwhile....

Until you get to know the many helpful people on this Forum (quite a few) who will help you out in the future without comment...may I suggest that you make an effort to contribute something worthwhile other than a snide comment...

Brian.Conflow.

KEN COX

Your Post No:1621

Hi Ken,

Many thanks for 'posting' those Links to the .NET Framework and other .NET Programs -

It saved me a bundle of time looking them up - I hope other Forum Members will make use of them.

Regards,

Brian.Conflow.

Brian:

I am a luddite when it comes to computers, give me one that works and am as a happy as a pig in ****......

Re the .NET Framework...

You mention that PTE runs much smoother with it.

I also noticed that MS says:

Note: Non-developers need to install the .NET Framework 1.1 to run applications developed using the .NET Framework 1.1.

Does that mean if I install .NET Framework and create more PTE shows, that I will need to advise all and sundry that I give copies of my shows to, that they will need install .Net Framework. ? (Or do I have to do something more than just install it ?)

Sorry If I am a little thick headed

JRR

Your Post No:571

Hi Jim,

I will try and make this simple for you with 4 points plus (a)+(B)

1)...You need the .NET Framework Utility to run any .NET Program such as 'Paint Net' and others coming on Line - its Free !

2)...The .NET Framework Utility is 100% compatible with all existing MS.Programs on XP,2000,ME etc; and does not alter them.

3)...It has absolutely no detrimental effect on PTE nor your CD-Utilities I have tested it with 'old' and new PTE Discs.

4)...It makes many 'Non MS.Programs' run smoother for 2 reasons:-

(a) It checks the Program for minor script errors before adopting and registering it to the PC.

(B) It runs it smoother because the Program is now compatible with the .NET Framework System.

Its really that simple and now that I think of it - Ken Cox has it installed, you might like to ask his opinion ?

Brian.Conflow.