WnSoft Forums

Graphical editor

Igor

Our team prepared new product. Personally I almost don't work on it, but I'm testing it and we discuss together all important moments.

Sergey Malyshev is leader developer of this product (earlier he've wrote about 70% of code for music player, waveforms, AVI video output for PicturesToExe). Sergey worked on this new project during a year and four months.

It's only 1 MB (without help file)

The program starts within a 1 second.

And I think it will costs about $30 or $50

It contains necessary instruments (with all parameters and high quality of result):

- Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves, Color balance, Hues/Lightness, etc

- Rotation,

- resizing,

- Free transform,

- Transform selection,

- Save with Preview,

- Print With Preview,

- Effects,

- Layers support,

- Full undo.

Fast work with large images, support of palette.

The first beta should be ready within a week or so.

I'll explain why graphical editor. We didn't find suitable small and powerful graphical editor, except Photoshop which costs so much. Also we would like to have alternate graphical editor with high quality of image resizing (Bicubic and Bicubic Sharper algorithms as in Photoshop). Of course, our graphical editor not for professionals who work with CMYK images or who uses all functions of Photoshop. But we position it as a tool for preparing of digital photographies for web, or for PicturesToExe (for example), for sending by email, etc.

I look forward to trying this out! There are many times when I want to just do a quick edit (maybe add a border or shadow or other simple frame) to post to my website or do an adjustment requiring layers or maybe a quick "clone" and hate to sit and wait for Photoshop to load. Although I quit purchasing Paintshop Pro after version 8, I've lately begun thinking about loading an old copy of Paintshop Pro (maybe version 6), which was fairly quick to load with what I considered a much simpler interface just to do quick edits.

Will this new product of yours support Photoshop (.8bf) plugins? Will there be any possibilities of automation (like Photoshop actions or keyboard macros)? Will printing allow the use of color management?

Anyway, i will be interested in looking at it. A quick and small editor that supports curves, levels, layers, and free transform is certainly something that would be useful.

Thanks for the heads up Igor, and let us know how we can help with beta testing!

The first public beta is almost ready.

Will this new product of yours support Photoshop (.8bf) plugins?

Will there be any possibilities of automation (like Photoshop actions or keyboard macros)? Will printing allow the use of color management?

In the next versions. Currently we have only v1.00

Igor

This sounds like something I need to include in my tutorial CD's, look forward to seeing your beta copy. Will you be selling the graphics editor with PTE as a package?

I think that would sell really well as a download and on CD.

Barry Beckham

Guest Techman1

All,

It looks like Igor has added a new forum where you can download the beta copy of this software and add comments on it. See the dropdown list to download your beta copy today. It's called PixBuilder.

Have fun!

Fred