WnSoft Forums

Camcorder Re-visited.

rosy

I bought one of these back in 2018ish, a Sony CX405 60 X  9.2MP HDR. Took it on holiday, used it a couple of times then sold it.

When Tom bought his new Go Pro that wet m buying buds, the camcorder was on the list. After sending back the Gimbal I was surprised to find the CX405 was back in stock. Suppose their stock of chips had been reserved for their high end stuff?

Anyway, I ordered one from Amazon & it arrived Monday. I'd forgotton it had an internal charger, which I had on my first digital camera & failed after 2 years use making it virtually useless. Not wanting a re-occurrence I decided to order a charger & an extra battery as I had problems with my action camera with after market batteries. The best looking deal was from Sony for a battery & travel charger, why it's called a travel charger, I don't know as you still need a power supply from somewhere.

The charger & battery arrived from Sony this morning, it wasn't much bigger than a memory stick. There was a 50 language pamphlet on do's & dont's but s4.thumb.jpg.371cbe815bad11e59a4f152695b907b3.jpg no instruction leaflet or connecting lead, pretter poor for a £55 item. Onto Sony's web site, downloaded the manual & found where it says the connecting lead you buy separately, luckily I have one & the new battery is on charge.

The camcorder itself costs £199 from Amazon & is pocket size, see pic comparing it with my fingers. Hopefully, I'll get more use out of it than the gimbal.

Rosy.

s4.jpg

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Hi Rosy,

That is a very small camcorder. Not much larger than an action camera.  Sony makes very good image sensors. I remember using VHS-C and 8mm tape camcorders from 30+ years ago

My GA400 action camera arrived yesterday. I hope to compare video quality/stabilization to the GP10 on my next bike ride.

Tom

Hi Tom

Had a few tries with the Sony & was surprised at the steadiness of the video when zoomed (very smooth) & at maximum 60x zoom. I haven't had a camera that was as smooth as this one. It lacks various features of more expensive cameras such as mike socket & other items, but I think I'll keep it this time. Got my refund for the gimbal. Back to the fracture clinic tomorrow.

Cheers Rosy.