WnSoft Forums

Step-by-step tutorial

ContaxMan

I have prepared an introductory tutorial, aimed to support a series of talks that I will be giving to a local camera club.

Should anyone take time to view the tutorial, I would be glad of any comments or suggestions.

You can download the tutorial (in pdf format) at:

PTE tutorial

NB - link edited to correct problem mentioned in later posts!

Right on Roger

a lot of work -- will you be leaving it up so that we can direct users to your site

or

possibly if you talk with Bill Hines he might allow you to post it or the link to your site

i didnt see it but possibly you might have mentioned that it is based on the user having Adobe Photoshop -- believe it or not everybody cannot afford that piece of software

ken

1. although the opening page of the tutorial refers to using Photoshop or Elements, the rest is straight PTE.

2. It will be staying on the link given earlier for as long as people find it useful - and will be revised in line with any major changes Igor may make to the program.

Hi Roger

When I try to download the pdf file, I can only get about 2.5 kbs download speed. I have a fast cable connection that usually downloads between 100 to 300 kbs. Is there something about the site it is stored at that makes the download so slow?

I cannot view the PTE101_ver2.exe on my system, so I thought this pdf file would be a good resource. Any chance you could email it to me? :D

tzurowski@shaw.ca

"When I try to download the pdf file, I can only get about 2.5 kbs download speed. I have a fast cable connection that usually downloads between 100 to 300 kbs. Is there something about the site it is stored at that makes the download so slow?"

I'm not sure why the download is slow. Would welcome suggested solutions on this!

Roger:

I am not a computer whiz so I can''t help with an answer to the slow downlaod, but I can confirm Tim's note that it is a VERY slow download

possibly there were too many downloads going on at one time

mine was slow but it was no big problem -i always remeber dl'ding with my 33 modem - i just let it take its time coming across the pond -- maybe it had ice to contend with :lol:

k

• 3 weeks later...

I've done some more work on this tutorial. The main aim was to speed up the download but I've also clarified a few sections and improved the layout.

If anyone tries it, I'd be interested in any feedback you might wish to provide.

PTE tutorial

There's also help with using actions and batch processes in Photoshop and Elements

Photoshop actions and batch processes

Elements batch processes

NB post edited to correct problems with links.

Roger

this link does not appear valid

http://www.bishopthorpe-camera-club.com/Re...es/UsingPTE.pdf

Error 404: /Re...es/UsingPTE.pdf is not found at this location

Please refer to the setup and troubleshooting guides.

Back to www.bishopthorpe-camera-club.com homepage

Document: /Re...es/UsingPTE.pdf

Time: Monday, 27-Jun-05 15:54:51 BST

Remote host: 64.231.62.7

the other 2 downloaded fine -- save target as -- fine

ken

Roger, the link works fine for me, and is MUCH faster than previously. However, it did not give me an option to "Save" or "Open' the file. Instead, it just opened up into Adobe Acrobat; which is okay as you can then save the pdf file. It was likely 100 times faster this time. :)

t

I think the error is in the three dots after Re. If you amend "Re...es" to read "Resources" it opened for me the way Tim described.

Ron [uK]

Super tutorial Roger.

Will try to pass on the link here "down South!"

Great for beginners.

Well done on all your hard work!

Currently not "online" often as spending lots of time with my parents who are unwell (& no Internet).

BW Maureen

Thanks Maureen

I hope your parents soon feel better and let you get creative again.

Tonight I'm going to a show by Peter Coles (part of the Hebden Brdige festival) - having seen and heard Peter before, I'm really looking forward to it.

Give Peter my love.

You may see one of my sequences tonight too.

Have added new links to your tutorial on www.digital-av.co.uk

Will also add to AV World soon.

BW

Maureen