WnSoft Forums

Anamorphic Stretch

tom95521

Playing with aspect ratio conversion. Instead of a linear X zoom it uses 10 image crops with 5 different X zoom values. I am planning on purchasing an anamorphic lens for my gopro and I wanted to test converting aspect ratios using image crop feature in PTE. GoPro has a SuperView feature that does something like this inside the camera.

Probably not a style that is useful for most people unless you want your 4:3 media stretched to 16:9 instead of cropped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anamorphic_format

https://community.gopro.com/s/article/What-is-SuperView?language=en_US

Tom

Anamorphic Stretch.ptestyle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have updated 4:3 and added two more aspect ratios for NTSC and PAL format videos. Not sure how useful it will be for images but I think it sometimes helps videos.

I use it to convert old 4:3 DVDs to 16:9 and add a slight amount of sharpen to the video. You could always make changes to the style zoom values.

I think the original SuperView was designed to use the full sensor aspect ratio (4:3) instead of cropping to 16:9 and losing pixels.

Tom

SuperView 3_2.ptestyle SuperView 4_3.ptestyle SuperView 5_4.ptestyle

Definitely get the anamorphic lens for your GoPro.  I have one for my GoPro and 2 for my iPhone/Samsung.  For the phones I have both the blue and golden coating.  Unfortunately, I have only found the blue for the GoPro.  I prefer the golden glares to the blue.  I'm really hooked on the wide screen movies and stills with the anamorphic lens.  The trick is to remember to desqueeze the images if your recording software does not save the desqueezed format.  Next we'll have to play with setting up slideshows in the letterbox formatting.

1 hour ago, Tauratinzwe said:

Definitely get the anamorphic lens for your GoPro.  I have one for my GoPro and 2 for my iPhone/Samsung.  For the phones I have both the blue and golden coating.  Unfortunately, I have only found the blue for the GoPro.  I prefer the golden glares to the blue.  I'm really hooked on the wide screen movies and stills with the anamorphic lens.  The trick is to remember to desqueeze the images if your recording software does not save the desqueezed format.  Next we'll have to play with setting up slideshows in the letterbox formatting.

My Skyreat 1.33X anamorphic lens for the GoPro has arrived but I have not tested. I hope to test soon.

Thanks,
Tom