WnSoft Forums

Need info on a very old version of pix-to-exe

debussymuir

I have lots of pix-to-exe shows from an old software version but when I show them on my computer they automatically come up full screen and, worse, offer no slider so you can move backward and forward within the show.

The one person I know who could help me is Lin Evans, who has contributed many thousands of postings to help people with the program. He is a super-experienced early user and I would love to be able to communicate with him but I have no contact info. Could someone please help me with this?

Thank you.   Don

Hi Don,

Sadly Lin Evans passed away, so you will find it very difficult to communicate with him now.

If on your old shows you allowed 'Control of Keyboard' then you can easily move through using the left & right keyboard arrow keys.
Also pressing the Spacebar will pause & restart the show.

If you still have the projects then you can easily open them in a later version of PTE

You can download any of the earlier versions from the website.

https://www.wnsoft.com/en/pte-av-studio/old-versions/

Jill

Thank you for writing, Jill. I'm sorry to hear of Lin's death. He certainly was a stalwart in showing what PTE can do.

I still can't find any way for a show to NOT display full screen. When I play the shows, there is sometimes (but definitely not always) a little controller at the bottom left where you can: start the show; stop the show; a right arrow to move the video forward a tiny bit (hopeless for moving quickly thru the show); a left arrow same as the right arrow, moving the video a tiny bit backward. This is quite frustrating and certainly limits how I can play the shows.

Don

11 hours ago, debussymuir said:

I still can't find any way for a show to NOT display full screen

I am assuming that these are exe files you are playing?

Unless you specifically set to Windowed Mode then they will always fill the screen - why would you want it any smaller?

Do you know which version of PTE these were created with?

As I said above as long as you allowed 'Control of Keyboard' then you can easily move through using the left & right keyboard arrow keys.
Also pressing the Spacebar will pause & restart the show.

If you didn't allow Keyboard Control, then you have no way of controlling.
You say some show controls so I assume you had the Nav Bar set to on with those.

You talk about moving through the video? but if these are exe shows then it is not a video.
The keyboard arrows or on screen arrows will move you through 1 slide at a time.

As I suggested above as long as you have the project files then you can recreate these in the latest version of PTE and set them up how you want them to play.
See Project Options - Screen Tab & Control Tab

You could also create an MP4 file as output which depending on which program you use to play them will allow you to quickly scrub through the video & adjust the window size it is played at.

If you don't have the original project files (you should always save these & keep backups) then you have no way of altering.

Hope this helps

Jill

• Like 1